“Special Birthday Celebration!”
Review of Steve's Steakhouse

Steve's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were celebrating my sister's 50th birthday on Catalina Island. We asked around for a nice restaurant and everyone said "go to Steve's Steakhouse". So glad we did! We had the filet mignon which was delish! I highly recommend this restaurant because the steak was one of the best and the service was great! We will be back!!

Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Steve’s Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read that we were a part of helping to make your sister's birthday celebration on Catalina an enjoyable occasion. We hope your overall trip to Catalina was fun and that your sister enjoyed her birthday getaway! We truly appreciate your 5-star review and thank you for recommending Steve's as a place to dine in Avalon. We look forward to serving you and your family again on your next trip to the island.

Steve and Margaret Bray and our family at Steve's Steakhouse

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family and I had dinner here on our last night on the island. The restaurant is on the second floor with a view of the ocean. The ambiance is cozy and classy. The waiter was great..very attentive, enthusiastic and helpful. I had the fish special, my son had a large steak and my husband had something I can't remember. My fish was so flavorful, and my son said his steak was fantastic. I wish he had saved room for dessert, but we couldn't do it. Excellent choice in dining.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your meals and that your waiter was attentive, enthusiastic and helpful. I am truly complimented by your comment "cozy & classy" and thank you for the recommendation of an excellent choice in dining. We really appreciate your patronage and hope you dine with us again on your next trip to Catalina.

With warm regards from the island,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went here for lunch one day out of our trip. My husband and I both loved our meals. The salads are amazing. My husband had the fish and loved it. I would recommend trying this restaurant. They have the balcony view seating looking right out on the water - a great plus! Note: They close right after lunch (may be around 1:30-2pm) and don't open back up until dinner at 5pm.

Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to read that you loved your meals and thought our salads amazing. We really appreciate you recommending us in your review and thank you for your patronage. We hope you enjoyed your time on Catalina and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the island. (PS: we are open for lunch from 11am-2pm and reopen for dinner at 5 during off-season and 4:30 peak season.)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was a guest at my friends wedding cocktail hour here! Steve was great! He made the whole experience a fabulous one! The drinks and bartenders are friendly, fun and love to have a good time! The staff ensures great service and a memorable time. The food is TO DIE for! Try the Calamari and fried shrimp! This place makes me want to go back to Catalina ASAP! It is a MUST-Do!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a terrific review about your recent experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that we were able to make your friends wedding party a fun and fabulous occasion! Please know it is our greatest pleasure to offer our guests a memorable experience and we appreciate the praise. We are very happy that you recommended our calamari & shrimp but don't want you to die for it as we would love for you to come back again soon and have some more! We hope you, your friend and their guests had a really good time on the island and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

nice table w/ view. food was above average . good service, very busy place, make a reservation. pretty varied menu as well

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your food, our service and the views of the harbor. We really appreciate your patronage and hope you dine with us again on your next trip to the island as we will look forward to serving you again.