“Wonderful”
Review of Steve's Steakhouse

Steve's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife an I visited Catalina for the very first time and after taking in the island and looking at some of the menus in town, we decided that Steve's was right up our alley. My wife ordered the steak and I ordered the Clam Chowder. I must tell you it did not disappoint. The chowder was full of flavor and the bite my wife reluctantly let me have of her steak was perfect. The atmosphere was awesome at night as well. The only thing i regret is not having enough room to eat desert. Thank you Steve's Steakhouse for a memorable meal. The next time we get back to the island we will be dining here again.

Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a nice a review about your dining experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your praise and are glad that we were able to provide you a memorable experience. We look forward to your return visit and hope you save some room for dessert (we are told our key lime pie is out of this world!).

With warm regards from Catalina,

There are newer reviews for Steve's Steakhouse

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went for a special occasion, and had a reservation, so I was disappointed when we still had to wait a half an hour. With that said, we were seated by the window, with a beautiful view, and had one of my favorite meals. We both had filet, and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. The service was friendly, and the atmosphere was lovely. The music was load enough to allow you to have privacy, which I really adored (I hate hearing other people's dinner table conversation). This proved to be a romantic anniversary dinner!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent dining experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that you had to wait a half hour even though you had reservations. Please know, you having to wait was highly unusual as we honor our guests reservations and make sure they are seated on time. I am so happy to know that the wait was worth it and we were able to provide you with a romantic anniversary dinner. We hope your overall time on Catalina proved to be a romantic experience and we hope you dine with us again. Until then, we wish you many happy anniversaries in the years to come.

With the warmest wishes from the "Island of Romance",

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

If this is the #1 restaurant on the island I'm in no rush to go back. First of all our table for two had one menu on the table. When I asked for a second menu our waiter said they didn't have any more but he would bring me one once someone else was finished. Our waiter had wrinkled pants on and spoke like they just picked him up from a Tilly's shop. I get the island vibe but for a place that had $60 dinner plates I was expecting much more from the reviews I read and all the zagat awards they display up front. My husband had the market price streak and lobster $60 and I had the house favorite Avalon shrimp on toast $27 Our food was served luke-warm. All the butter my shrimp and toast was drowning in was starting to harden again and was like a thick layer all over my plate. Really disappointing. But I guess your options are limited on an island. Hopefully your experience is better than mine..thanks for the wonderful Valentines memories steves!

1  Thank simkofam
Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent dining experience at Steve's Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. Firstly, I want to extend my sincerest apologies concerning the menu situation you mentioned. I suppose my idea of putting only one menu on each table on Valentine's wasn't such a good idea afterall. Please know I wanted to do something special for Valentine's, like the single rose the hostess handed every woman once she were seated. The one menu was my idea of getting couples closer together on Valentine's. I am really disappointed that the waiter did not suggest the idea of our intentions. After reading your review, I guess the one menu wasn't received as a romantic gesture. I am also very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your meal and only wish you had brought it to your servers or my attention as it is a policy that if a guest is dissatisfied with any item we will be more than happy to fix it or replace it. Both me and my wife were at the restaurant the entire evening and we went to each and every table to welcome each party, wish each guest a happy Valentine and to check to see if everything was fine. To my knowledge only one steak was sent back that evening as they wanted more fire to it, more charred than it was served. Know that I am not making excuses and please know that I value your opinion as our guest. I just hope that my explanations reflect my sincerity of wanting to satisfy each guest to Steve's and truly regret we did not make your evening a memorable one.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is the kind of place you remember long after you were there, because the food is absolutely amazing. I had the swordfish and it was incredibly flavourful and so tender…. melting in my mouth. Not to mention the cocktails: the lava flows are amazing! On the flip side, we had to wait about half an hour to get a table even though we had a reservation, and service was fairly slow. Still, I’d go back to Catalina just to eat there.

Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review about your dining experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you thought our food amazing and our award winning Lava Flow made it into your review, (the Lava Flow is one of our many specialty drinks and was awarded 1st place at the annual Avalon Taste Around in the cocktail category). While we are very happy you had a good experience, we are very sorry that our service was slow the evening you dined with us. I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies and know that the service you experienced is not the norm for Steve's. I am very thankful that our poor service did not sway your opinion of us and are truly grateful for your wonderful review. We look forward to you dining with us again and, hopefully, we will be able to make it up to you by exceeding even the highest of service standards on your next visit!

With warm regards from Catalina,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband & I both enjoyed our delicious meals & cocktails as we looked out on the lights reflecting on the water. It was an elegant, but not "stuffy", dining experience, complete with music from the Big Band era. And the service was great!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining experience at Steve's on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us and it's a review such as yours that makes being a restaurateur very rewarding. We hope you join us again on your next trip to Catalina, and, as always, we look forward to serving you.