“Old style steakhouse.”
Review of Steve's Steakhouse

Steve's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Old style steakhouse.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Service was spotty, food was good, we liked the steak. music was excellent...made for a romantic setting. Nice upstairs view of harbor.

Visited July 2013
stevecat, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Steve’s Steakhouse on TripAdvisor and would like to apologize for my late response to you. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your steak and our romantic ambience with live music and harbor views. We hope you will dine with us again on your next trip to Catalina and look forward to serving you.

With warm regards from the Island,

Steve and Margaret Bray and our family at Steve's Steakhouse

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“good food with a good view”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

the food is very delicious. we didn't have reservations but they still accommodated us and luckily we got to sit out front where you can see the view just our luck because it was our anniversary! the staff is very kind and always asking if there is anything you need. I highly recommend going to steves its really a must go!!!

Visited July 2013
stevecat, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Steve’s Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that we were able to be a part of making your anniversary an even more special celebration. We hope you will dine with us again on your next trip to Catalina and wish you many more happy anniversaries to come.

With warm regards from Catalina Island,

Steve and Margaret Bray and our family at Steve's Steakhouse
Ventura, California
“Laughable Service”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When we ordered our meal we requested more bread, an extra spoon for our baby and butter dipping sauce for swordfish. We asked our server and bus boy multiple times and finally got the spoon and bread with our dessert. We never got the butter sauce. I did love the view, strawberry lemonade, potato skins, lobster, steak, and dessert. My husband was disappointed with his sword fish. Because of the service we won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
stevecat, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dining
experience at Steve’s Steakhouse on TripAdvisor. I would like to
extend my sincerest apologies for the service you and your family
received on your recent visit. If at all possible, would you be kind
enough to email me the name and/or a description of your server so I
can have a one-on-one with them? Or if it makes it easier for you,
please feel free to call me. In the interim, I have shared your review
with the entire staff reminding them that this type of service is not
acceptable nor is it excusable. Again, my sincerest apologizes.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.

Steve Bray, owner, Steve’s Steakhouse
Scottsdale
“Above the Crowd”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As many people know, Catalina is a fun place to visit. We were moored in Avalon. Taking the water taxi ashore, we were looking for a nice pace to eat. This restaurant is upstairs, on the waterfront. The atmosphere and food are first rate.

• Visited June 2013
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
“They are way too proud of this place”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got to the island Friday. Made res in person for sat night. Showed up at time of res got decent table. The waiter was very nice. Ordered steak an lobster med rare 4 orders. Could see people complaining around us about steaks being overdone. The waiter would be nice enough about returning the food. Then they would come out raw. The waiter would explain the chef was MADD an had an attitude. Now it was our turn I am not one to complain an just ate my burnt steak the lobster was small but ok. I misted waited for my girlfriend an kids to cut into there steaks an here we go burnt an back they went. I knew what was coming next but just waited. I am that guy that listens to everybody around me. The steaks returned with cold lobster an raw. My girlfriend was upset an the owner came over to explain everyone makes mistakes. I said ok but what about the chefs attitude an asked him if he would eat that steak an he said no an went off in a huff. The steaks came back burnt again an the waiter said I don't know what to do we gave up paid the tab left a 30% tip. the waiter was honest probably got him in trouble. I have no clue why this place was rated 1 it was sizzler at best

• Visited July 2013
stevecat, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

In response to your review on Trip Advisor of your experience at Steve’s Steakhouse that occurred a few weeks ago, I would like to take this opportunity to address the situation in which you described.

Firstly; I would like to thank you for acknowledging that your waiter was nice, however, I do not believe that at any time did the waiter say that the chef was mad or that he had an attitude. We are a family owned and operated steakhouse in a quaint seaside resort town and believe that our chef is not delusional of that fact. Why would he have an attitude? He loves what he does and has been with us since the day we opened 12 years ago.

Secondly; I do admit that we did not hit a home run with one of your steak and lobster dinners. It did take us two tries to get your order right, but we did do everything we could to rectify the situation and did profusely apologize for our mistakes. In addition, at no time was your steak served burnt, over cooked and under cooked yes, but certainly not burnt. Moreover, I do know that at no time during the evening were any other guests at adjoining tables complaining about their steaks and sending them back.

Please excuse me if I may sound defensive or antagonistic, and know that it is not my intention if it should read that way. It is just that I believe I need to set the record straight with the understanding that each person’s opinion of an experience is biased and it is obvious that we have two different opinions of the same situation. I do, however, honor your opinion and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

In conclusion, I would like to sincerely apologize for our mistakes and want to truly thank you and your family for dining with us and hope your overall experience on Catalina was enjoyable.

Respectfully,