$274
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$279
$259
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$169
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$319
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$249
$195
$229
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewskoi pondrooftop deckcraftsman stylecatalina islandwrap around balconysea salt scrubcontinental breakfastbeach bagcomplimentary snackshumming birdsfire pitmemory foamgarden viewboiled eggsbath productsbottled waterlittle touches
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We can honestly tell the world that this hotel is the most welcoming, warming, and peaceful hotel. The staff here are the most sweetest and caring people we have ever met. My fiancée and I are here for his pre-deployment leave get-away before he goes to Afghanistan and he tells me every night (here for a 5-night stay) that he chose the right place for our stay. I couldn't agree anymore. Hands down, perfect location, warm staff, very clean, and very professional! :)
When we checked in, Martha, one of the staff here, welcomed us, chatted with us, and shared with us all of her knowledge about this island. Right then and there, we knew we loved our little vacation already. She mapped him his running trails for his morning runs and he felt greatly appreciated. Sara, another staff, was very warm also. She shared with us where to dine out and we took her advice everytime! We were very thrilled and satisfied to feel so at home. And Alberta...what can we say...she's a total sweetheart! My fiancée and I met a Vietnam War Veteran and his Wife on the way here (they visited from Las Vegas) and enjoyed their company. The couple stayed next door to is at another hotel and the husband came to check on my fiancée one morning because he didn't see him run by on his morning run. Alberta was very courteous to him and made him feel very welcomed (he told us after during a breakfast). She came to our door herself to let us know he was waiting for us. I felt really special that she walked up to get us! Everyone here is soooo nice, understanding, and make our visit here a trip to remember! We still do have 2 more nights here left but I love it sooo much here that I had to share!! My fiancée has met a lot of nice people being in the service but he says the staff here made him realize this is why he is in the service...to serve and protect our warm & friendly fellow Americans, loving and caring for each other wherever you're at. God Bless!

With Love,
C & J Marquez
Orange County, CA

1  Thank CJMarquez
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I just spent a night at this wonderful hotel. My fiancée and I went with another couple. We were pleasantly surprised to find our rooms were ready early and that we could check-in. On check-in they, without us asking, opened up the balcony between our two rooms. A wonderful surprise. All four of us thought that the beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept on. It was wonderful. The hotel was clean. The staff was pleasant. It was a nice hotel with a B&B feel, wonderful! The continental breakfast was great, and they even had trays you can take to your room. I served my fiancée breakfast in bed! Absolutely wonderful! One more note. The rooftop is open and has a great view. We took a bottle of wine up there and watched the sunset. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank calitocam
Reviewed April 18, 2010

We have not been back to Catalina since 1994, not much has changed which is why we love it. One change has been the Avalon. We can't say enough about it. The hotel, staff, and owners were outstanding. Breakfast in the garden, the roof-top, rooms, and service can't be praised enough. We wil be back this January.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I just visited the Avalon Hotel for the THIRD time - I can't imagine staying anywhere else on the island. This time we took our 13 year old niece and our 19 year old nephew - they flipped out just as we always do. The AMAZING beds, the gorgeous view from our room, the YUMMY soaps and scrubs provided in the bathroom, the beautiful spread on the lovely patio at breakfast, the lush robes ALL got a BIG reaction from the kids - and these are SPOILED, world-travelling kids. The staff couldn't have been lovelier - providing beach towels, extra teas - even letting the kids eat ALL the salt water taffy at the front desk - it was a vacation we'll all remember for the rest of our lives... The only downside was it all went by too quickly!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2010

My wife and I had been looking for a place to get married in Catalina Island to do our wedding, and someone recomended the Avalon Hotel. The plan they gave us was wonderful, we took advantage of the "Off-season" advantages. They gave us the room at a discount price, round trip included on the Catalina Express and the rights to the Hotel terrace to perform the wedding at a very reasonable price. Also, Martha Flores, one of the Hotel recepsionists, was more than helpful to us. She went out of her way to make sure our stay was an incredible one. This was truly an unforgettable event in our lives and we want to thank all of them for the warm treatment and kindness they gave us. Catalina Island was breath-taking. Thanks.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple