$274
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$275
$259
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$169
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$319
$229
  • Room Service
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$249
$241
$174
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$300
Seacrest Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$195
All reviewskoi pondrooftop deckcraftsman stylecatalina islandwrap around balconysea salt scrubcontinental breakfastbeach bagcomplimentary snackshumming birdsfire pitmemory foamgarden viewboiled eggsbath productsbottled waterlittle touches
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I took my sweetie to Catalina for Valentine's Day. Suprised her with a helicopter ride over....that was great. Lucked out and got a room for this busy week-end. Read Tripadvisor and it looked good.

The hotel is not on a fronatge street. So not all rooms will have a view I might say. But that was not an issue. We DID have a view and a deck, but didn't use it much.

The girls at the front desk were great. We chatted up with Lisa, and ate up the taffy in the bowl from the local candy store Llloyd's. Smokin' good. Lisa saw the two flavors we liked and put a few of each in our room while we were out. Where else do you get that?

The room was fresh and super nice, and well-appointed. Bathroom was fresh and well-done. Great bed, though I would use down pillows. Quiet. Breakfast area was serene.

People in Catalina are super. They seem happy to see you.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tubeguy
Reviewed February 16, 2010

The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island was the perfect choice for our girls' weekend getaway. Martha, Kristen and the rest of the friendly staff made sure our experience was the best. The rooms were very comfortable with spectacular views of the harbor and town. The bedding, robes and bath amenities were luxurious. Although the weather did not permit us to enjoy the rooftop deck, in warmer and drier weather, it would be fabulous. The continental breakfasts in the mornings as well as the extensive DVD collection were extra perks that were very much appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We researched extensively before planning our girls weekend on Catalina. The reviews for this place were consistantly positive, and we thought it was worth the investment rather than chosing a lower end property. And we were never more pleased with our selection on all accounts. Despite the rain, the staff, especially Martha and Kristin took great interest in our weekend and took special care of the "girls" who were there celebtrating their birthdays. The rooms were clean and neat and we had a terrific view of the waterfront. The roomtop was a plus and would be appreciated more in warmer weather. The complimentary breakfast was incredible, especially on their patio that rivals the island's botanical gardens. The location was ideal for walking to the restaurants and shopping, and of course, the girls at the front desk were always available to offer suggestions. We even enjoyed the hotel's DVD library that we used in the evening. All in all, this hotel was so worth it. I would urge everyone to make the best memory of the island by starting at the Avalon Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2009

My wife and I celebrated an important anniversary by spending two days in Room 301 of the Avalon Hotel. We enjoyed two of the most wonderful days we have ever spent together.

The hotel is centrally located one block off the main tourist drag, Crescent Avenue, which can get a little noisy when a cruise ship is visiting, which is why I prefer the Avalon to one of the many hotels right on the waterfront.

The Avalon is a small hotel, three stories and maybe 30? rooms and is kept in absolutely immaculate condition. The quality of the craftsmanship in the hotel is phenomenal - the hardwood door frames, the joinery, the tile. The bathrooms, for example, have floor to ceiling white subway tile impeccably laid. I spoke to the owner about the quality of the construction and he told me that on a few occasions the craftsmen had to rip out their work and do it again.

Their hospitality is as they advertise - warm and helpful. They offer a nice free continental breakfast in the morning, free espresso throughout the day, and the people in the lobby, including the owner, were fun to chat with.

Room 301, elegant and comfortable, has a stunning view of the harbor and the hills around (and hence the highest price) but most of the other rooms have lesser views, partial views or no views at all (see their website). I would say that if you want a view but want to save a little money stay in 306 or 201, in that order. However all guests have access to the hotel roof balcony and the view from up there is stunning.

Walking Avalon is fun. When the Carnival Paradise was in the harbor, to avoid the crowds we walked up the hill behind the hotel and down into the pristine and gorgeous little valley where you find the golf course and botanical garden. What a nice day and what a wonderful experience!

One sour note: food in Avalon will cost you $$$ and will disappoint. But you can't blame that on the Avalon Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank YTSnave
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband & I spent a weekend in Catalina, and the hotel was perfect. We had not been to Catalina before, and as this was a belated birthday present for my husband, I wanted it to be extra special. It was. The hotel is located a short half block uphill from the waterfront, central to everything. The staff, without exception, was courteous, friendly and helpful. The hotel is decorated in the Craftsman style, understated and beautiful. Our room, while not huge (Nothing is huge in Avalon - there isn't room for it!), was clean and comfortable. There is a refrigerator in the room, the TV is large and worked easily, the bathroom has marble vanity & accents, a great shower, and the toiletries are superior. Both mornings we enjoyed the complimentary expanded "continental" breakfast in the charming garden patio. Bountiful greenery, a waterfall, and umbrella tables created a quiet spot in which to start our day. One of the selling points of the hotel is the roof top lounge with an ocean view - and they are right to brag about it. Although we were told the hotel was at full capacity that weekend, we had the lounge all to ourselves. The view is spectacular, a picture-postcard shot of the harbor and ocean. All in all, a delightful stay.

One final note - when I got home & unpacked, I realized I had left my makeup in the room. When I called the hotel, I was told the housecleaner had found it and had set it aside. Normally I don't care if I leave something behind, but this was a brand-new bottle of foundation that I had bought just two days before we arrived. I was assured it was no problem, they would send it to me - it arrived the next day! I would recommend the Avalon to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple