More like 4 1/2 stars
- Loved the location, its a short walk to the main areas in town. However the climb is uphill from the main street and they do have a flight of stairs to the main level. No elevator access.
- If you have roller bags you can totally walk to the hotel from the boat landing. (1/2 mile or so)
- Clean rooms, comfy & vintage feel with the decor. Our room wasnt modern which was fine by us.
- 302 had a nice balcony with 2 chairs and a view of the pier.
- Bathroom had good toiletries. Loved the body scrub, body butter,& body lotion . The sunscreen had 30 spf, but on reading closer they said it was to be used to protect skin during tanning. Complete oversight on our part!
- We liked that they had ceiling fans and bedside controls.
- Comfortable beds and pillows. Comforter was heavy.
- Loved that the bottled water and Snapple was complimentary.
- Loved that they had organic raisins, fresh fruits and small snack bags in the reception.
- The continental breakfast was the usual with a variety of carbs (dry cereal, instant oatmeal, danish, muffins, english muffin breads, croissonts).
We loved the addition of hardboiled eggs, honey, and the assortment of teas, peach nilgiri tea was my favorite.
- Roof deck was great. Would love to see some umbrellas there.
The only 1/2 ive taken away for minor loose ends
-Beds were made fine and so were the bathrooms cleaned, but used kleenex, 1/2 filled water cups werent taken care of.
- The water pressure in the showers were weak
- toilet roll holder that was broken and hanging loose. We tried to get the attention by removing the toilet roll but it was simply placed back on the loose holder.
All in all we had a comfortable 2 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avalon Hotel offers premier boutique hotel accommodations in the heart of beautiful Catalina Island. We invite you to discover an environment of understated elegance, where luxurious bedding, unique artwork and hand-crafted hardwoods and tile combine to create an enchanting experience. Located just off the Southern California coast, Catalina Island offers a resort experience that is very accessible. Most of our Catalina Island hotel rooms have breath-taking ocean views of Avalon harbor and its scenic surroundings. The breathtaking views from our Rooftop Getaway are sure to be a highlight of your stay at The Avalon Hotel. With a 360-degree vista of Avalon and its charming harbor, the Rooftop offers the ideal spot to sightsee and relax. From classic Craftsman styling and modern conveniences, deluxe bedding and upscale bath amenities, to an all-around relaxed atmosphere, The Avalon Hotel offers a unique hotel experience to every one of our welcomed guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Avalon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Avalon
- The Avalon Hotel Catalina Island, CA