The Avalon Hotel
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$259
$110
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$178
Seacrest Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$175
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewskoi pondrooftop deckcraftsman stylecatalina islandhumming birdswrap around balconycontinental breakfastcomplimentary snacksfire pitbeach baggarden viewmurphy bedwine glasseslittle touchesbath productsbottled waterboiled eggs
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just returned from a 5 day stay at The Avalon during the Catalina Jazz Festival. I can't say enough about the hotel, the staff and the Island. Although it has a subdued look from the street it is actually a very well appointed hotel with a wonderful courtyard and rooftop deck. The staff were amazing especially the manager Lori. A group of guests, some of which who didnt know each other before arriving, ended up becoming friends and no doubt because of the fun atmosphere of the hotel. The management not only allowed us to use the BBQ on the roof for a group dinner but helped out with plates, utensils, etc. making it truly a party for all.

The rooms come with a continental breakfast which I usually write off as being danishes, corn flakes and toast. In this case it was first class with scones, fruit, granola, hard boiled eggs, breads...served in the courtyard with the waterfall and koi pond....just awesome.

Our room, 301, had a spectacular view of the harbor with a wrap around deck, outdoor wet bar and nice wooden chaise lounge chairs. No question an expensive stay but given the event and the ambiance I don't regret spending the money for a second.

I cant recommend this place enough. Will certainly be back for next years festival and another stay at The Avalon.

Room Tip: When getting a view room the view is great but you do pay more. I think worth it but up to you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flynmatt
swccatalina, Public Relations Manager at The Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay for JazzTrax. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

After searching multiple properties on Catalina (all of which I am sure are also great)....we were delighted to check into the Avalon and find friendly service, a first class room with a lovely balcony with an ocean view and all inclusive amenities. The innkeeper couldn't have been nicer and her staff was most accommodating as well. The roof top terrace provided 360 views of the harbor, the mountains and everything you could want on lovely cloudless nights. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D H
TheAvalonHotels, Owner at The Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time and enjoyed the hotel and our roof-top deck. Hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was looking for a quick relaxing vacation out of the city for my sweetie and me. One of our must go places was Catalina island so I looked up and compare a number of places. What I like about the Avalon was the smaller hotel idea and great packages. The package included a great view on the top floor, two round trip tickets from any port to Catalina and paid taxis to and from. We arrived on the first boat ride and arrived to check in luggage when they told us we could check in now since our room was ready ( at 10:00am). To make a long story short the service was super friendly, inviting and helpful. They are a great breakfast setup still available about 11 am, a cheese and wine testing for guest around 4pm. The trip was a must needed escape, and this hotel was a big part of it. Check it out, it's away from the main street so it's great I'd u want a chill environment.

• Stayed: August 2012

Glad to hear you had a great stay. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Avalon hotel is the place to stay when you are in Catalina. It is a beautiful, upscale, boutique hotel. When I am on vacation, I want to feel pampered. The Avalon delivers a sense of elegance and relaxation that I appreciate. We are looking forward to our next trip back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad to hear you felt pampered at The Avalon. That's the experience we try to create for everyone. We're looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Every year, we "gift" our parents with an experience as their Christmas gift. Upon their suggestion of a family trip to Catalina, we researched places to stay on the island for our group of 14. What a find! Between us, we reserved 6 rooms...ocean views, connecting balconies, wine and cheese on the patio, breakfast on the patio and relaxtion on the roof. To keep us trekking, there were always bottles of water, ice tea and cookies to enjoy. The staff were fun and helpful and totally added to our very fun weekend. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SanJoseDandS

What a wonderful family tradition. I'm sure your parents appreciate it. Glad everyone enjoyed The Avalon and we hope to see you again soon.