My Husband and I stayed at the Catalina Island Inn on our honeymoon 18 years ago and the Inn was a wonderful place to stay with a beautiful view of Avalon, we spent quite alot of time on the balcony watching the boats go in and out of the harbor. This time we stayed in the same room and we were very unhappy. The Vons grocery store next door to the Inn had a refrigerator unit on top of the roof and the noise from the unit was insidious 24/7, we didn't spend any time on the balcony because of the noise. The room was very small but decorated nicely. Also worth mentioning is the fact that the hotel doesn't have an elevator and the stairs are quite steep. My main complaint came when the toilet overflowed. When I called down to the front desk, I was informed that the maintenance man had just left and they would call a plumber. The front desk person came up and used our towels to mop up the floor and tried plunging the toilet without success. A few hours later, I asked if the plumber was coming, I was told that they had called the plumber twice with no response. I asked if there was another room that we could be transferred to and they said no. We were left with no working toilet and no where to go to the bathroom and the room smelled of feces. I was appauled by the lack of service from the hotel staff. We will never stay at this hotel again. Be warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away from the southern California mainland, but a world away from the city life. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is close by. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn hosts family reunions & weddings and is still intimate enough for a romantic getaway. Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms range from moderate priced twins or queen bed non view rooms to luxury, harbor view, king rooms and suites. Accommodations are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island style. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel. The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to feature its 5 spectacular ground floor King bedded rooms with private patios, fireplaces, nurturing textures and spacious tiled showers. All rooms have free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. Its unique luxury also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences including easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways and a bench in the large tiled shower. Come "home" to Catalina Island Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA