“A Must Visit In Catalina!!!!”

Bluewater Avalon Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I came here for our anniversary! The scenery and the food were both amazing. You have to try the Clam Chowder and Crab Artichoke Dip!!!! Service was amazing, it got a little chilly outside and they turned on the heaters outside for us. This place is great!!!!

1  Thank Bert B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We waited until the lunch rush was over to go eat. We were seated in a timely fashion but no one came to bring us water for more than 10 minutes. Finally a waitress asked if another waitress had taken our drink order. She remained our waitress but had a hard time with accuracy. Hot tea was replaced by iced tea, cole slaw was replaced by french fries, etc. I had the grilled fish tacos and they came with chips. They were good but not something I would order there again.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

You can't beat the outside on the water seating. We didn't eat at any other fine dining restaurants while we were in Catalina so I don't know if this is considered fine dining there or not. I ordered the New York Steak. I did think that since I was in Catalina maybe I should have ordered fish but they didn't offer local fish that night so I thought the fish would be anything I could get at home. I ordered the steak medium rare. I came medium to the well side. My husband ordered the halibut. He said it was good but thought it tasted like it had been grilled over where something else had been grilled. The meal wasn't terrible, just average. We were expecting a little more "fine" but the view was worth it.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We love this place! We ate there all three days we were on Catalina. The wait staff seemed somewhat indifferent to our praises. Beautiful to sit by the water...it was chilly our first trip but they had heaters that kept us warm enough to enjoy our lunch. The food is delicious.

1  Thank Lois7115
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Service started out a bit slow, but ended up great. Probably some of the best calamari I've ever had. Wonderful views from the patio.

1  Thank Renee2214