“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The seafood here is excellent, but be aware that this is not a veggie friendly restaurant - there is only one vegetarian item on the menu. Great wine selection, great beer selection and fantastic staff.

1  Thank Matt H

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped in last Sunday at around 2pm so we were seated right away (inside-our daughter wanted a booth). The atmosphere is lovely, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. I guess you could say the service is a little slow, but you're on vacation..why rush? We thoroughly enjoyed everything about Bluewater. I had the Mediterranean Ahi Salad, and it was very flavorful with the feta cheese and kalamata olives. My husband had the Grilled Salmon Sandwich. I don't eat salmon so I didn't try it but he said it was delicious. Our daughter had the children's Salmon skewers. It came in a bento-type tray with carrots sticks, grapes, strawberries and her choice of side..french fries. She loved it! I highly recommend giving it a try while in Catalina, you won't regret it!

1  Thank Nina C
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After diving at Casino Point, we were ravenous. We had wings with Thai sauce, then dinner, all up to Bluewater Grill standards that we expect. I hope to enjoy many more visits to this location on future Catalina dive trips.

1  Thank Kapalua_Maui_WOWS_Me
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had cocktails in the bar while we waited for a table. My margarita was delicious I could have had several! We sat outside on the water side which had to be the best table in all of Avalon. You are right over the water overlooking the harbor. It really is a fantastic location for afternoon cocktails and dinner. The food was average by mainland standards but really good by Avalon standards since we've yet to find a really good restaurant on the island. We actually went 2 days in a row. Fried calamari and artichoke apps were really great. The sauce on the seafood pappardelle was watery. Would have been perfect if they simmered the sauce down to intensify the flavor, or maybe drained the pasta more.

Service was great, friendly accommodating staff.

1  Thank Scarpullagirl
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great place for groups or solo. Loved the margaritas and delicious seafood. Recommend the Seafood Louis Salad.

1  Thank MJCAN