“A Great Way to Learn About Avalon”

Taste of Catalina Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$92.56*
and up
Catalina Food and Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Suitable for adults and teens, explore Avalon as never before while leisurely walking through downtown with our fun, local guides who will share the inside scoop on just about everything! This one and only, informative 3-hour tasting and cultural walking tour will open your eyes to hidden tidbits of the island's rich history and culture. Satisfy your appetite with our town's award winning cuisines as you indulge your palate for a few hours of Sipping, Sampling & Savoring!
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I had a great time on this tour last week. This tour is a great way for first timers to Catalina Island to learn about the different restaurants, history and things to do while on the island. Cathy our guide was extremely friendly and informative. All of the venues we visited provided delicious samples to try. I wouldn’t hesitate to eat at any of the venues visited in the future.

1  Thank Kevin O
Catalina Food T, Owner at Taste of Catalina Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

The history of our island is so enchanting, isn't it? Cathy was born for this job and her enthusiasm is contagious. We are glad you decided to take our and had a great experience!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My mother found this tour and asked me if I would like to go too. I am not exactly a foodie or much into trying new foods as I am rather picky about what I eat. But my mother made me go anyway since she and my uncle who was also coming to catalina decided he wanted to do it. So I got dragged along but I am so happy they made me do this food tasting tour. I had a lot of fun and our guide Desirae was awesome! I learned a lot about Catalina and the history was really interesting. The food was so different from my normal diet but I ate most of it and what I didn't eat my uncle ate for me so it worked out perfectly. I especially enjoyed the end dessert but I won't spoil what it is. Everything was delicious and when I go back to Catalina I will definitely eat some of the food again.

We are delighted to hear that even though you are a picky eater you enjoyed our food tour! Desirae is one of our best guides, so we are not surprised to hear you hit it off with her. Thanks for keeping an open mind and joining us (even though you may have been dragged :-)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our 1st food and walking tour of any kind and found it to be a relaxing and informative way to discover Avalon and its local restaurateurs. The pace was just right and the tasty samplings was a good way to whet our appetites. Steve's Steakhouse was our favorite and we plan to return for the full course. Cathy, our guide and a long time resident, was also helpful in suggesting other activities on the island.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are pleased to hear that your first food tour experience was delightful. Cathy is one of our best guides and knows how to show our guests a great time!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

10 of us did this last week. We enjoyed all the restaurants and a great history of the island. Our guide was fun and knew so much. If you go, be sure to try the chocolate pistachio candy at the cookie and coffee shop.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are excited to hear you recommend the dark chocolate pistachio bark as it is to die for!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were a group of 10 people on a cruise with a stop in Catalina. Based on the great reviews we decided to do the tour as well. We had a private tour for the 10 of us which was very easy to setup. Cathy was our tour leader and the tour was fantastic. It made all of us want to buy a vacation home there! The history that was told and the great food made a great way to spend a few hours sampling from Avalon had to offer. It is very easy to walk around and was not strenous for those who can't walk too much.

Private Group Tours are a great way to experience the island off of the cruise ship. We are happy to hear that we met your expectations and then some!