“Fresh food, lovely atmosphere, great service”
Review of M Restaurant

M Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A special events venue and pop-up restaurant, we create unique and innovative menus, wine pairings and signature cocktails to showcase our favorite cuisines from around the world. We use fresh, seasonal ingredients, grass-fed, natural and organic meats and fish from sustainable sources. Our menus include vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We loved this little restaurant. Seating in a garden setting in the front facing the street was very pretty. Service was great. We had a nice bottle of wine and sand dabs, which were fresh and cooked in a garlic caper sauce. Light meal but filling. They served a complimentary crostini. Vegetable was green beans, done perfectly with a little crunch. Potatoes with marscapone were creamy and good. My only criticism was the dessert. Sadly the pastry on the chocolate tart was quiet hard and difficult to cut. Our creme brulee tasted great but was not set and watery. A better dessert would have gotten them the highest rating. Overall we really enjoyed our meal here.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visit Catalina every October for the Jazz Festival. For the last 2 years we have dined at M 2 of the 3 nights we were in town. The food and service are fabulous, better than anything else on the island. You will love every bite!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was lucky enough to recently hold my wedding reception M, and what a special place! First the space it self, and views are stunning. It is clean, well kept, and beautifully decorated. The entire staff was impeccable. They made my guests feel welcome and like family. The food was delicious, and they were more than accommodating to the vegetarians & vegans in the group . They use only the freshest and organic ingredients & EVERYTHING is homemade... (pasta, ice creams, mayo, ketchup..etc) . Classy place, and Classy people. I would do ANY event here !

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was thinking about our trip last October (2012) to Catalina Island and realized I had never written a review of this restaurant. We were on the Island for the Catalina Island Jazztrax Festival and had never been to the Island before. We stopped at M Restaurant one evening and found the staff extremely friendly and accommodating. My husband and I are vegetarians and found items on the menu we could eat. A flatbread pizza we had was delicious. We liked this restaurant so much, we went back the following evening for dinner again. We would definitely like to visit this restaurant again if ever on Catalina Island.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a pop-up restaurant that opens up only on holidays, the rest of the month they are busy catering events and parties etc, so make sure to check their website to see when they are open.
They use organic ingredients and produce as much as possible, grow their own herbs right there in the restaurant and use seasonal ingredients and food which means their menu changes all the time.
We had crab cakes to start which came with a creamy sauce, they were fantastic, my partner then had the lamb burger and greek salad which came with a garlic olive paste, his food was so fresh and tasty, I had the salmon, couscous which came with corn and an avocado tangy drizzle and tomatoes, this was by far the best meal I have had in a long time.
Despite being completely full our waitress told us the chef is also trained as a pastry chef and that the peaches in the peach and blueberry galette with buttermilk ice cream had come from her own garden, we only order dessert a couple of times a year and couldn't turn it down, it was amazing!
Overall we both said we would eat at this restaurant every night if local to us and it was by far the best meal we had on the island.
Check the website and be sure to try and plan your trip around the dates M Restaurant is open!