“HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP!!”

Catalina Coastal Tours & Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Where your Catalina adventure begins! We offer Dolphin/ Sea Lion trips, Coastal Sightseeing/ Eco-Tours, and the Astronomy Experience night time tour all at the best prices in town! We can also customize a private charter to suit your needs. We specialize in small groups (6 or less) and offer the attention to detail and customer service you deserve.
South Pasadena, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I were raving about our dolphin and whale watching excursion lead by Captain Dave himself! We visited in mid Jan, far from Catalina's peak season. I read that winter time is the right time to try our luck at spotting some whales and dolphins. We didn't make reservations ahead of time, we were a walk in appointment and we secured a tour for the following morning. The next day we were delighted to find out that we would be the only 2 people on the entire boat so we pretty much got a private charter, it was amazing. Dave's customer service was second to none. We also purchased his photo package which was also very reasonably priced. We've attached some of the pristine images that Dave captured with his camera. He took well over 300 pictures so our trip was well documented, they will be memories that will last a lifetime for us. I've been to Catalina a handful of times and have taken part in just as many excursions. The experience that Dave provided for us was by far the best thing I've done while visiting Catalina. I'll definitely recommend his services to my friends and family who are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Matthew H
CatalinaCoastalTours, Manager at Catalina Coastal Tours & Fishing, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are a small company that prides ourselves on customer satisfaction and that personal touch that makes the tours extra special. I was extremely happy with the photo package we were able to provide to you and thank you for sending me a few back. You will see one or two of those photos used in my advertising. I couldn't believe the Bottle Nose Dolphin were jumping right behind the boat as they were. We are still seeing lots of Dolphin and a grey whale here and there so check my Facebook page for updates.

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“High Point of a Christmas Visit to Catalina!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our winter vacation with a first time visit to Santa Catalina Island. We found Catalina Coastal Tours on Christmas Eve 2012 and booked an afternoon tour with Captain Dave Carlisle and his wife, Kathleen on their beautiful 24 foot craft, the C-STAR. Our objective was to view the Catalina coastline, observe marine wildlife and enjoy the wonderful weather and spectacular waters the island is known for. We saw dolphins--- Common, Bottlenose & Rizzzo’s ---and a huge raft of sea lions. We were also able to view the Catalina Island Marine Institute, numerous beaches, coves & camps and many other coastal features between Avalon Bay and Long Point. We didn’t swim, but Dave showed us the best locations to snorkel in the future. He also shared his deep knowledge of Catalina by answering all our questions on the island’s attractions, economy and history.
We were delighted with our experience and highly recommend Catalina Coastal Tours. They deliver excellent value at a competitive price!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Howard N
Thank you for the gracious review! That was a wonderful day on the water with all three types of Dolphin making an appearance for us. We are always happy to share our local knowledge and answer any questions you may have.
orange county, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The BEST Part of Our Trip to Catalina Island!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

You have to schedule a tour with Captain Dave if you visit Catalina Island. I can't say enough great things about our experience. We were traveling with our 2 1/2 year old daughter and were afraid we wouldn't be able to go with the minimum age of 4. Captain Dave was very accommodating. Since we went mid-week and the tours weren't full, he said he could take us! It was by far, the most amazing thing we did on the island. We went on the dolphin and sea lion tour and we literally saw hundreds of both! The were all around our boat and underneath our boat and the water was so clear, you could just look down and see them! The boat was nice and we felt really safe. I am a big sissy and thought I would be worried with our little one on board, but it was smooth and perfectly safe. The price of this tour is also really reasonable, especially considering the great experience you get compared to the other 'tours' offered on the island by other big companies. We did several of those too and I wish we just went on Captain Dave all three days for tours instead. The others were a huge disappointment. We can't wait to come back to the island and will most definitely be calling Captain Dave back for all our touring!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank nw310
Thank you for the excellent review. We value our customers input in order to better serve you. Your daughter was a natural on the boat and I was glad to accommodate your family! Being able to see those big Dolphin up close is a memory that I'm sure you will cherish for years to come!
Miami Beach, Florida
“EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had the best time, would do it again in a heartbeat!!! I don't know how he got those dolphins to perform the way they did, they seem to just jump a little higher around our boat. He and his wife were wonderful.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jeanne A
Thank you for the review. We keep those Dolphin on the payroll to perform for us :) It really is amazing to see them in their natural element, vice a theme park, naturally having fun and jumping around.
Somis, California, United States
“Must Do”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Catalina in hopes to visit our son who was at Boy Scout Camp in Emerald Bay, we thought we would rent a boat and take ourselves over. Little did we know that was not an option. Captain Dave saved the day, we had asked around and were given the name of Captain Dave he was more than eager to help us out. Not only did we have a terrific Captain but Dave's lovely wife Kathleen joined us and together with their knowledge of the waters and the Island we had the most wonderful experience. Better than we expected!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Kimberly B
Thank you for the review. These reviews mean a lot to a small company like us. We were happy to accommodate you on your private charter to Emerald Bay. Most people that visit the Island do not realize that it is not easy or cheap to go anywhere outside of Avalon once you are here. We know that private charters are pricey so we work hard to make sure you have the best possible time since you are spending your hard earned money with us. We want all of our tour to be more of an experience rather just a tour.