“Small and cozy”
Review of Catalina Island Museum - MOVED

Catalina Island Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in Avalon's historic Casino building, the museum has updated its entire facility to include an expanded museum store, a digital theater, a number of galleries dedicated to the history of Catalina Island and a special exhibitions gallery which changes 3-4 times each year.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This little museum is small, but worth a stop. It is under the Avalon Ballroom. Take that tour and then stop downstairs for a quick perusal through the photographs. Talk to the people in the gift shop and they will give you suggestions about where to eat and what to see in Avalon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Typical shop featuring local artists works, former famous residents & assorted art pieces as well the usual souvenir offerings.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really enjoyed this tour of the Casino. It felt as though we were stepping back in time. There was so much information on all the events and people who had been there. So rich in history. Our family of 4 really enjoyed it. We highly recommend it.

1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a small museum housed in the casino. It does a great job of giving you the history of the island, including lots of photos with written descriptions, and two looping videos to watch. We found it very interesting.

1  Thank Sandi W
Reviewed February 1, 2013

So this was the last destination on our city bus tour of Catalina. We received a free ticket, so it was worth it for that, otherwise, for the price I don't think it would have been worth it.

This museum has a lot off good, interesting information. I learned a lot just by watching the movie when you first walk in. Lots of great pictures. This is a small museum though, so it doesn't take long.

I loved the information on the Chicago Cubs! The Cubbies are my team!!

They had some nice souvenirs as well.

My friend told me the mens' bathroom were dreadful and smelled of vomit. I didn't both going in the womens.

1  Thank plaidbagel