“Museum”
Review of Catalina Island Museum - MOVED

Catalina Island Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located in Avalon's historic Casino building, the museum has updated its entire facility to include an expanded museum store, a digital theater, a number of galleries dedicated to the history of Catalina Island and a special exhibitions gallery which changes 3-4 times each year.
Lehi, Utah
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Museum”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a small museum housed in the casino. It does a great job of giving you the history of the island, including lots of photos with written descriptions, and two looping videos to watch. We found it very interesting.

1 Thank Sandi W

Walla Walla, Washington
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“4 because I didn't have to pay for it because it was part of a city tour, 3 otherwise”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

So this was the last destination on our city bus tour of Catalina. We received a free ticket, so it was worth it for that, otherwise, for the price I don't think it would have been worth it.

This museum has a lot off good, interesting information. I learned a lot just by watching the movie when you first walk in. Lots of great pictures. This is a small museum though, so it doesn't take long.

I loved the information on the Chicago Cubs! The Cubbies are my team!!

They had some nice souvenirs as well.

My friend told me the mens' bathroom were dreadful and smelled of vomit. I didn't both going in the womens.

1 Thank plaidbagel
Grants Pass, OR
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Weel Done!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It's been years since we've been through the museum but went again during the last trip. Wow! So much improved - like a real museum. Lots to learn - particularly about the island during WWII

1 Thank rollngoers
Usa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hidden Museum - Lots to Learn”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Who would have known all that Catalina represents? The ball team, the chewing gum and the ore discovered....all on this special island so close to Los Angeles....Take time to visit on the Catalina Express.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank powersusa
Bakersfield, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Small but Different”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Its a bit on the small side but I did enjoy this little museum. I did wish that they had more historic information of the island but it was cute enough. I think the entire tour took 20 minutes and my husband is one of those people that look at evey miniscule thing.

Visited January 2012