Hermosa Hotel
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$249
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $293/night.

Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$239
$219
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$280
$271
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$212
$253
$245
$239
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$349
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$349
$263
$256
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

Seacrest Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

All reviewssmall cottageluggage roomtwo double bedsbotanical gardenssmall kitchengrocery storecatalina islanddive gearstorage areafull kitchendive parkmini fridgenothing fancymiddle of townboat ridecatalina expressstairs
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very nice staff and clean rooms. No frills--but a decent location, not too far from the beach and shopping. Considering the price of most places in Avalon, this was a bargain with the deals they offer on-line. Room came with a cute functional kitchenette.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I picked the Hermosa Hotel for a visit to Catalina Island December 2011, and stayed a couple of days with my daughters. Our room was great (basic, but that's the way I like it), the location was good, and most of all the people who manage the Hermosa Hotel were outstanding. I plan to stay there again for my next visit. I give it a 5!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tshanahan22
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Like other hotels on Catalina Island, Hermosa Hotel is taking advantage of a captive market which allows it to charge a high price for a relatively poor offering. Thus compared to other Catalina hotels it does offer quite good value, but compared to other places you may have stayed for this price it is not great.
My room was a "cottage" (a wooden hut) accessed by a stair off the main street, so effectively accessible by anyone walking past. The door was flimsy with a single temperamental lock and a chain. There were sliding windows with no locks. An 8-year-old could have broken into the room. There didn't seem to be much crime on the island but I didn't feel safe in this room.
During the day the room got VERY hot. There was AC but it could only be on for 2 hours at a time. At night luckily it cooled down and I could imagine the room might actually get pretty cold outside summer. It was also noisy and a lot of light came in through the windows.
The room could have been cleaner too. The important things were clean, like the toilet, but the shower head would have benefited from a good scrub. The floor was gritty, the door handles sticky, and walls and doors stained and cracked.
Good points: friendly, helpful staff; bag storage after checkout; wifi which worked enough to use Skype

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kmt_edi
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I was worried about booking this place to stay because if all the awlful reviews. But this was one of the two hotels that had vacancy within our budget. And well I have to say this was a excellent place to stay!! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were a bit small but they were clean w excellent working AC. The tv had a great selection of channels (even for my son). The beds and pillows were very comfortable. And the location was perfect. Right within walking distant to everything. And when we spent the day at the beach if we forgot something in our rooms it was right close by. I will stay here every time I go to this island. That is how extremely happy I was w the place. And they had our rooms ready when we got there. And they held our bags for the day after we checked out so we didn't have to carry them around. We also were able to shower before returning to the Catalina flyer to head home. I am very happy with this hotel and not only will b returning but I will also recommend it to any friends or family that are planning on visiting beautiful Catalina island!! Thanks a bunch for making our vacation special!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice place for the money. The staff was great and the only complaint i have is that the air-conditioner is on a timer that only can be set for 2 hours at the most, so when you leave the room to sight see, you come back to a hot room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family