“Three in one day!”

Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Avalon
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open at 5 am daily, we offer the best gourmet coffee and tea selection in Avalon! Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino,Ice Blended Drinks, Smoothies, Pastries, Homemade Cookies and more! Avalon's only Fresh Fruit Fro-Yo Bar and Hot Breakfast served daily. Our closing hours vary daily between 8pm and 11pm seasonally.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

They make the best mochas that I went back three times in one day! Hey, we're on a little vacation, so why not! The cookies and the brownies are homemade everyday and they were worth the walk down there for sure!

CatalinaErin, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

When you're on vacation, anything goes - we're so happy you enjoyed your mochas (all three of them). Thank you for coming back so often. The next time you're in the shop, let us know if you want us to warm up your brownie for you. It takes just seconds, but they are even more fantastic when they are warm and gooey. Thank you for the very sweet review.

There are newer reviews for Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am a Santa Barbara local teenager. Over the summer I went to Catalina Island with two of my best friends. I loved the island, and have fond memories of my trip, particularly my memories at Catalina Coffee and Cookie Company for breakfast. The first time I ate there, I immediately fell in love with the beverages and treats. I had an eclipse cookie and coffee for the first time I came and returned the next morning before leaving the island to order to various different cookies and a coffee. This company truly does not disappoint. Their food is nice and traditional, while also being entirely unique to the Catalina Coffee and Cookie company. I look forward to returning to Catalina Island this summer, and will definitely return to the Catalina Coffee and Cookie company.

The Eclipse is one of our favorite cookies to bake and one of our shop's bestsellers. We're so glad you liked it and can't wait for you to come back and visit again during the summer (it's just around the corner). Thank you!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I'm an early riser and Catalina isn’t except for this place, great coffee nice friendly people and the cookies are amazing too! This placed saved me until we could go get breakfast :)

CatalinaCoffee C, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

This place is for the early riser since we are open daily at 5 am! We are happy to tide you over until everyone else is up to have a full sit down breakfast :-) Come see us again next time you are on the island!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Not sure what the hoopla is all about. Being a big dessert person, I was really looking forward to their selection, but this place is pricey. Your average cookie is 2$ & 3.75 for a rice krispy treat!!!

I dont mind paying the price for some good stuff ,I have paid $$$ for some good choc. And I love dark choc. But the dark choc pistachio bark just didnt do it for me, the choc by itself was ok, a tad salty (which sometimes works),but it just wasnt worth it. BTW its 6$ for .25lb which is the min quantity you need to buy, I wish i couldve tasted it before buying it.

the Best thing that happened to us was the hot mocha which was divine. Its one of the best mocha's that we have ever had, just right touch of sweetness and creaminess and coconess.

CatalinaCoffee C, Manager at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We're so happy you enjoyed the mocha - your description was great!

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the dark chocolate pistachio bark as much - it is saltier than traditional chocolate as the pistrachios add some salt to the flavor.

Our goal is to provide the best possible product for the lowest possible price. We try to keep costs down as much as possible, however we do live on an island and all of our ingredients for our baked goods do have to get shipped over. We will continue to do our best to provide proper pricing for the size and value of our baked goods to the best of our ability while working with our shipping vendors and their costs and fuel surcharges.

We hope that you will consider trying some of our baked goods the next time you are in the shop.

Thank you again for your review.

The Staff of the Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came here on a family vacation on a cruz and the lady who made my cafe mocha was adorable and made a beautiful little heart in my cup... it is sometimes my screensaver. She was able to give me a taste of some great coffee as well as the great hospitality that Catalina has to offer!

We are so glad to hear you had a great experience with us! We hope you will come back and see us again sometime soon.