“Cute little spot, great variety of treats!”

Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co.
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Avalon
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open at 5 am daily, we offer the best gourmet coffee and tea selection in Avalon! Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino,Ice Blended Drinks, Smoothies, Pastries, Homemade Cookies and more! Avalon's only Fresh Fruit Fro-Yo Bar and Hot Breakfast served daily. Our closing hours vary daily between 8pm and 11pm seasonally.
Anytown, USA
“Cute little spot, great variety of treats!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had great service, and really enjoyed the coffee and cookies. It was hard to choose from all their yummy-looking choices! Very close to the beach, making it easy to take your order with you and enjoy the view.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great spot, seems to be where the locals go and everyone walking in knew each other. We enjoyed lattes, mochas, and hot chocolate, and were never disappointed. The only draw back was that it was cash only.

Visited March 2013
CatalinaCoffee C, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We just wanted to drop you a note to let you know we do accept credit cards now. Thank you for the feedback - we will see you the next time you are on the island.
Santa Barbara, CA
“Coffee and Cookie great, Service not so much.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Not sure if maybe the barista was having a bad day, but she was a little grouchy about telling us that the coffee was self-serve. And then when I went to order a couple cookies from her, she was staring off into the distance, paying no attention to me, and I wasn't sure she had even heard me. It was incredibly awkward. After a good 5-10 seconds of staring off into nothingness, she finally went over to the cookie case and, still not looking at me, she asked me to repeat which cookies I wanted. The coffee and the cookies were good, but I had to knock off points for lousy customer service.

Visited March 2013
CatalinaErin, Owner at Catalina Coffee & Cookie Co., responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am sorry for your experience with our staff member. Can you tell me what time of day you came in so I can discuss the situation with him or her. I hope you will consider sending me your email so that I can send you a gift certificate if you return to the island for a visit.
San Diego, California
“Good place”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a good place to grab a cookie and a cup of coffee and to unwind after a long walk. We went to this place during the mid morning following a long hike. Coffee tasted great as did the cookies. It is also centrally located.

Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“Perfect in Avalon”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed stopping here several times. I'm not addicted to coffee yet but a great cup of coffee and salt water to look out over WOW, it doesn't get much better. Strolling thru the streets of Avalon just seems to bring you back for another!

• Visited June 2012