“a must stay”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed July 9, 2014

love this inn, great location and the staff very friendly. They bring breakfast to your room, have a happy hr and turn down your bed for you at night. I would highly recommend this hotel, we are coming back to stay here next year.

1  Thank Dawn G

Reviewed June 22, 2014

LOVE the fireplace! And the young woman behind the desk (forgive me for not remembering your name) was really helpful and very nice. Breakfast was delicious. Would definitely come back and highly recommend!

1  Thank Shernold E
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We've cruised the oceans and rivers of the world, but had never been to Avalon. So with only a few days to get away we boarded the Catalina Express for an hour "cruise" to Catalina Island. We hailed a taxi, which wasn't necessary, because the Inn is within walking distance. We were delivered to the Inn and met by the most gracious staff. My husband had reserved the Catalina Suite which has an unobstructed 180 degree view of the bay and historic Casino. I opened the door to one of the most darling rooms, complete with fresh flowers and a window box of red blossoming geraniums. The afternoon sun made the soft yellow walls glow and enhanced the blue accents of the beautifully decorated room. We enjoyed breakfast delivered every morning to or room and watched the sailboats depart for a day of sailing and wine and cheese at the end of the day. Our room was immaculate and great attention was spent on every luxurious detail. The linens were fabulous and the bed a dream. There were earplugs on the bedside, but noise was never a problem. We opened the windows at night to hear the waves of the harbor. It was a fabulous weekend and I would highly recommend the Inn for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Every room was beautiful, but the Catalina Suite has the best view.
3  Thank CaliforniaSunrise
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We love to stay at different types of places, B & B's, Guest hotels, Inns and then the big ones This was a cross between a B & B and a very upscale boutique hotel. It was charming and friendly like a B & B, yet upscale and luxurious like a fancy hotel. The amenities were lovely, with soaps, and shampoos as well as loofa sponges. Fresh water in the rooms daily and when turn down service came with chocolate and ice, I was very impressed. Breakfast was delivered at the time of your choosing in a big picnic basket, with home made sweet bread, yogurt, fresh juice and fruit as well as granola and milk. Coffee was included, but there was also coffee and tea available in the lounge. Every night a 5 pm there was a happy hour of cheese, crackers, dips, fruit, nuts and wine to share with new friends in the lounge. On chilly evenings the fire was set for our comfort. We met lovely staff who strived to make our stay special. Sarah and Alex told us stories about the island as well as gave us suggestions of where to eat and what to do. Alex seemed especially concerned when we shared some mishap that occurred during our stay. This was one of those places that you really need to try. The cost was well within the norm for Avalon, and well worth the money. We did not have any issues with noise from the local bar, that so many complained about, but each room has earplugs just in case. I will definitely be back here...Also in addition to great service, wonderful food, and very helpful staff the location of the Snug Harbor was the best. It is right near all the activity, so you can get around easily and quickly. The beds were very comfortable, showers big and plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: all were convenient, we like the room across from the lounge, but everything was easy to get to.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Ok, yes it is expensive (but so is everywhere on Catalina) and yes, it is noisy (but so is everywhere on Catalina) and yes, the rooms are quite small (but so is everywhere on Catalina)!

Those things aside, the hotel is lovely, and I am sure that it is much nicer than some of the other places you can stay on the Island. I found the service to be genuine, not false and overbearing like so many other places. I thought the décor of the hotel was very classy, and quite European which is what I am used to. I loved the small touches like the wine and cheese served in the evening, and the cute little breakfast which I thought was packaged perfectly - I looovvved the breakfast bread!

My only negative comments are I wish we had known that we needed to ask before 8PM if we wanted to watch a DVD, but this was not a spoiler for the weekend, just would have been a nice to have. The second thing is, whilst the room was nice (The Santa Catalina room), if you started to look a little closer, it wasn't quite perfect. The floors had not been cleaned around the table and chairs, the valance on the bed was torn and had been sewed up, and a few other minor things. With a bit of a revamp and more attention to detail, I think it could be perfect. These things haven't stopped us from booking a return trip.

Room Tip: Expect it to be noisy, have a couple of glasses of wine before bed, put your earplugs in and there w...
1  Thank Leigh-Anne H
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I came for our 10 year anniversary. We had champagne and balloons waiting for us with the gas fireplace and music playing , so welcoming. We stayed at a total of 4 hotels on our California trip and by far snug harbor will be the most memorable. The service was great! Every person that worked the counter went above and beyond for us. The breakfast was delicious and brought to your room in an adorable basket at your choice of time. At 5 pm they had complimentary wine and cheese and crackers , which we had great conversations with other guests during this time ;) we stayed at a Marriott and there was nothing complimentary!! So that was a plus for us;) I can go on and on but I would defiently go back and everyone should stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lololou4
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Pretty much all hotels in Avalon are in the perfect location but the thing that really set Snug Harbor apart is the level of service you receive. From the complimentary happy hours each day to the bountiful breakfast served to your door each morning, the service was always top notch. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple