“Cute little hotel”
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Ok, yes it is expensive (but so is everywhere on Catalina) and yes, it is noisy (but so is everywhere on Catalina) and yes, the rooms are quite small (but so is everywhere on Catalina)!

Those things aside, the hotel is lovely, and I am sure that it is much nicer than some of the other places you can stay on the Island. I found the service to be genuine, not false and overbearing like so many other places. I thought the décor of the hotel was very classy, and quite European which is what I am used to. I loved the small touches like the wine and cheese served in the evening, and the cute little breakfast which I thought was packaged perfectly - I looovvved the breakfast bread!

My only negative comments are I wish we had known that we needed to ask before 8PM if we wanted to watch a DVD, but this was not a spoiler for the weekend, just would have been a nice to have. The second thing is, whilst the room was nice (The Santa Catalina room), if you started to look a little closer, it wasn't quite perfect. The floors had not been cleaned around the table and chairs, the valance on the bed was torn and had been sewed up, and a few other minor things. With a bit of a revamp and more attention to detail, I think it could be perfect. These things haven't stopped us from booking a return trip.

Room Tip: Expect it to be noisy, have a couple of glasses of wine before bed, put your earplugs in and there w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh-Anne H

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I came for our 10 year anniversary. We had champagne and balloons waiting for us with the gas fireplace and music playing , so welcoming. We stayed at a total of 4 hotels on our California trip and by far snug harbor will be the most memorable. The service was great! Every person that worked the counter went above and beyond for us. The breakfast was delicious and brought to your room in an adorable basket at your choice of time. At 5 pm they had complimentary wine and cheese and crackers , which we had great conversations with other guests during this time ;) we stayed at a Marriott and there was nothing complimentary!! So that was a plus for us;) I can go on and on but I would defiently go back and everyone should stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lololou4
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Pretty much all hotels in Avalon are in the perfect location but the thing that really set Snug Harbor apart is the level of service you receive. From the complimentary happy hours each day to the bountiful breakfast served to your door each morning, the service was always top notch. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brady D
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Yes, Snug Harbour inn is expensive but so worth it. The location is perfect. A short walk from the port. Everything in Avalon is on your doorstep. We had the San Nicholas room. The bed is large and very comfortable. The view is stunning. The bathroom is small but still quite luxurious. The staff are lovely. The best bit was the breakfast in bed. They come in each morning and set up a delicous continental breakfast with fresh warm muffin loaf and flowers. Total luxury. We were there during the week and I suspect it can be a touch noisy at weekends but so worth it. They serve wine and nibbles daily too which arevery nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank traveltastica
Reviewed May 22, 2014

First, I would like to commend the staff for their friendliness and professionalism. First class. The San Nicolas room, altho small, was so nice with a great view. The Santa Catalina suite was huge with even more incredible views. During the night you can hear the waves. Decor is soothing and the beds are so comfortable! I could live here. Yes, there is noise from the plaza but it adds to the ambiance of a lively beach town. FYI-Avoid Mondays & Tuesdays because of the cruise ships.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaCostaHills
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The location is absolutely terrific. We had an ocean-view room and thoroughly enjoyed the scene out the window. All the restaurants that I wanted to eat at were located very close by. It was also close enough to the ferry dock that you can walk and pull your luggage with no problems. The room was very clean, and the staff was very helpful. They offer a wine and appetizer time between 5 and 6 o'clock. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our trip to Avalon was to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a room in the front that faced the ocean...lovely! We were quite impressed with the service including the served breakfast in our room. Unlike another reviewer, we love coffee and felt the coffee was great! We also enjoyed the wine tasting and appetizers at 5pm. We met other guests and enjoyed it immensely. Our bed was very comfortable and the fire place was romantic! We really enjoyed our visit and plan to return to the Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple