Snug Harbor Inn
$110
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$178
$159
$232
$159
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$549
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$261
$249
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgranolasanta catalinafresh baked breadeach morningsan nicolaswine and cheesecatalina islandsound machinebreakfast deliveredjetted tubcontinental breakfastsoft music playingbeautiful breakfastother guestsgas fireplacebottle of champagnefull ocean view
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Snug Harbor Inn was perfect in every way--spit-shine clean rooms, high quality furniture and in-room entertainment, beautiful decorations, and impressive amenities and perks such as complimentary room-service breakfast and evening wine and cheese. Location in the heart of downtown right on the beach didn't hurt either. To top it off, I experienced the most impressive and courteous service from the staff I ever had at any hotel. For the price I paid, I would rate the hotel value a 10/10. I know where I'll be staying the next time my girlfriend and I go to Catalina!

Room Tip: The Santa Cruz room is wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Based on reviews I saw on Trip Advisor, I planned a 10-year anniversary weekend at Avalon and chose the Snug Harbor Inn for the lodging. We arrived after 8PM and checked in. Our room was comfortable, tastefully furnished and we were greeted by a bottle of champagne (as I mentioned this was a special occasion). Our room overlooked Sumner, but had an amazing view of the Avalon Casino. The amenities that were provided in the romantic island setting made for the perfect weekend, that really made us forget the workweek we finished. The staff was friendly adn their continental breakfast that included fresh baked breads, granola, yogurt, coffee and juice gave a great start to the day. There are six rooms and I understood all were occupied, but it was so quiet and relaxing, we felt we had the place to ourself.

Room Tip: All of the rooms include fireplace and jacuzzi bath, but for views, two rooms actually overlook the harbor.
1  Thank John W
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The experience was awesome. The room was very nice and set up for a very romantic experience. Enjoyed the whirlpool tub, the fireplace in the room and especially enjoyed the afternoon wine and cheese and continental breakfast. The Inn made our brief stay on Catalina Island very special. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. If we ever make it back to Catalina Island will definately stay there again and will recommend it to anyone who goes to Catalina. Thanks for a great experience.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Snug Harbor Inn seems to have thought of it all--there is too much to mention. The king-size beds are the most comfortable with goose feather pillows and comforter. The fireplace and jetted tub was our primary attraction, yet the continental breakfast and complimentary wine and cheese (four types of wine, crackers, dips, and grapes etc) added a really nice touch as well. The breakfast was delivered every morning on time. My wife and I could have probably enjoyed the entire stay locked up in the room without ever touring the island. It is centrally located and only has six rooms (maybe 8?), so it doesn't really matter what time of year you stay--a full house, which was the case even during our stay in the off-season, still felt like we almost had the entire place to ourselves. Very nice!

1  Thank Vince M
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This charming hotel is located perfectly which enables guests to walk throughout the picturesque town easily. It's a 5 minute walk from the boat so one does not even need to taxi. The place is immaculate, staff professional and friendly. Lovely surprises await new guests! You'll love the attention to details.

• Stayed: February 2012