Hotel Atwater
El Terado Terrace(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$249
$229
$199
$110
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$161
$152
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$129
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$239
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsno elevatorthird floorsmall bathroomcatalina islandan older hotelbasic amenitieslocation is greatyour luggagebed was comfortablefloor roomcentral locationfront desk staffice machinebeach towelsferry terminalmiddle of townflights of stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2011

the price included the boat trip over and made our stay a great value. the hotel was clean and the staff very helpful. the rooms were fairly basic. coffee was downstairs in the lobby and there was no elevater. i would definetly stay there again

Room Tip: ask for the second floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gbears
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Our trip to Catalina was to attend my cousins wedding. We arrived early and the staff arranged a temp room so we could get ready. Excellent service !

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the west side...noisey. Two queen room was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Denny F
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Good:
-Friendly, genuine staff
-Best value on the island
-Simple, quaint, historical hotel
-Excellent shower heads
-Perfect, central location
-Attached Chinese restaurant is really tasty
-Free baggage holding
-70+ channels on TV
-Ceiling fan

Bad:
-Rock hard beds uncomfortable
-no elevator (not an issue for us, but maybe for some)
-No heat or AC in econo rooms (fine in September, but might be an issue in other months)

Overall:
A positive experience on our little trip. We don't have a lot of cash, so this hotel is perfect. Even though it's cheap, it is still clean and cozy. We would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sean P
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is a nice hotel. Nothing fancy but in the morning, provides some of the best coffee on the island.

No elevator but not an issue for us and I knew that before I booked.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Bring earplugs or something to dull the noise of the people on the island who like to drink and make a lot of noise until the early hours of the morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mizkat1958
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I just got home from Catalina Island and even though my stay wasn't very long, this Hotel experience made me want to stay much longer. I Loved the room we were in! The front desk people were very friendly. When we first showed up at the Hotel we were given a room at a great price but it had a very small bathroom with a shower. So my Husband asked if they had a room with a bath tub because I liked to soak in a tub due to a strain in my back. Anyway, they ended up putting us in a much nicer room with a bigger bathroom. The staff were WONDERFUL! I've been to the Island many times and I know exactly where I want to stay the next time I'm there. Thank you!

Room Tip: Do a walk-in rather then online booking during the off season, you can get a better rate.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple