“FREE Rock Climb on Your Birthday”

Rock Climbing Wall at Descanso Beach Club
Ranked #32 of 42 Outdoor Activities in Avalon
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went here as part of a birthday trip we took because my daughter, myself and her boyfriend all share an april birthday. You go and walk up straight to the rock wall and show them your birthday ribbon and you get a FREE rock climb. The kids really enjoyed it. It's just an average rock wall, like at the CA Science Center, so don't expect anything major.

There are newer reviews for Rock Climbing Wall at Descanso Beach Club

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We took the 2nd easiest climb and went all the way to the top. Felt good after ringing the bell since it was my 1st rock climb and almost gave up, but the attendant was very encouraging and assuring to help me made it to the top!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Amanda was a great assistance helping us build the confidence needed when facing the wall that LOOKS easy to climb. We had a good time climbing up the different skill level sides and my girl friend totally showed me how great she is climbing the wall and she had never climbed before. Thanks so much Amanda for the laughs.

1  Thank ANTHONY D
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was one of the places that offered a freebie on your birthday. But even if you have to pay - it's only $5.

3  Thank We3luv2travel
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The staff was very professional, helmet and harness were in great condition. I didn't see a sign explaining the colors on the climbing wall. We asked - we decided what color area to try, and scabbled up to the top -

1  Thank Karen H