“Spend time touring Catalina with Chuck Liddell, you'll never forget the experience!”
Review of Journey Catalina

Journey Catalina
Ranked #1 of 1 Transportation in Avalon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Create your own adventure and journey into the REAL Catalina. All tours are private giving you the flexibility to explore the island at your own pace. Our knowledgeable and friendly drivers will pick you up in a 6-passenger open-air Jeep and transport you to Catalina Island's Wildside. Tours run daily beginning as early as 8:00 am
Midland, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have now been so fortunate as to have visited Catalina on three separate occasions. The first was while on a cruise, which was just enough to inspire me to go back for more. On my second visit, I booked a jeep tour with Catalina Transportation Services. I desperately wanted to see the interior of the island. I knew I wanted to go from Avalon to Two Harbors to get a good look at the island and to compare the two harbors. Instantly upon meeting Chuck, my friend and I knew we were in for an amazing day. Chuck was warm, friendly, welcoming and enthusiastic. His prospective was both extremely interesting and entertaining. He was not just a tour guide, he had the knowledge of someone with deep family roots on the island. He knew the spots just right for a beautiful photo, took photos of us surrounded by the beauty of Catalina, pointed out the wildlife and plants native to the island, and added humor all along the way. He answered every one of our questions and showed us more in four or so hours than we could have ever dreamed of. Chuck brought Catalina to life for us and made us thirst for more.

Well, I just recently returned to Catalina for my third visit. This time there were three of us in my group. My first priority was to book another jeep tour and ask for Chuck! We were so happy he was available, and we had another amazing day out and about on the island. If you find yourself visiting the island in the future, you must not miss out on the opportunity to truly see the island's beauty and learn details from someone who knows them inside and out. Be certain to ask for Chuck, you will be glad you did!!!

Visited July 2012
CatalinaTrans, Manager at Journey Catalina, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the review it is greatly appreciated. Chuck is probably 1 of the most informative people on the island and an absolute gem to our company.

West Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Best thing to do on Catalina Island!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

If you are visiting Catalina THE BEST WAY to see it is with CHUCK LIDDELL (no, not the MMA fighter- this Chuck suggests he is way better looking!). Chuck is arguably THE most knowledgable tour guide on the island. Furthermore, he has access to places very few have (we first met him when he was giving behind the scenes tour of the Casino/Ballroom). He is exceptional with kids! My granddaughter adored him from the first time she met him.In fact, he calls her "Woody"(after Woodywoodpecker) because she would "peck" him on the arm when she wanted his attention while Chuck and I were talking. He says she's "the youngest 35 year old he's ever met",(she's 7).He's very engaging, easy-going and professional.Chuck is also skilled at tailoring your tour to YOUR interests.He has access to the entire island(we were within 10 feet of the island Bison) and is very adept at knowing when to dispense a story or information and when to let you and your family enjoy the moment yourself. Save your money from the typical tourist attractions and spend it on a day with Chuck- you will not regret it!!

Visited April 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It's wonderful to hear other people speak so highly of Chuck besides just us. We all absolutely adore him
Austin, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Totally AMAZING!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent about 4 hours on a private, custom trip into the Back Country on the most informative tour anyone could every have. Chuck was our tour guide as I treated my parents to a tour of the island. He is absolutely THE authority on everything Catalina. It was like having a live encyclopedia as a Tour Guide. We could not have been more delighted! The three of us LOVED every minute!! Lunch at the Airport in the Sky was yummy. We quietly observed a large male bison who was grazing about 20 feet from our vehicle. We saw and learned more about Catalina Island than we thought possible. We very highly recommend a trip to the Back Country with Catalina Transportation Services and we highly recommend you request Chuck. It was an experience well worth the time and money and created an amazing memory for a lifetime.

Visited October 2011
CatalinaTrans, Manager at Journey Catalina, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Encino, Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Back Country Tour of Catalina Island”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Our private tour of the interior and "back side" of Catalina Island was fantastic. There were four of us in a jeep with our guide, Chuck Liddell. Chuck says he is the only Catalina Island guide who was born on the island, and I believe it. He knows everything about everything on Catalina. He is a fascinating guide and tailors his tour to the wishes of the participants. We did a 3 1/4 hour tour and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited July 2012
, Manager at Journey Catalina, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the high praise. Yes Chuck has lived on the Island for forever :) He is a wealth of knowledge and I will be sure to let him know how much you enjoyed your tour.