“Diver Dave is the best!”
Review of Diving Catalina

Diving Catalina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Diving Catalina is your gateway to underwater diving adventure in the waters off Catalina Island. Whether you’re looking for an afternoon of fun or a lifetime of marine experiences, our professional staff will help you and your family design a diving adventure for everyone. Catalina Snorkel and Scuba welcomes divers of all experience levels. Whether diving is like second nature to you, or the largest body of water you’ve ever been in is a public pool, you’ll feel comfortable diving and snorkeling with the pros at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. When you make your reservation with us, you can rest assured you’re in good hands!
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The two dives that I did with my teenage son and Diver Dave was the highlight of my recent Catalina vacation!

Though I have a C-card, it'd been a while since I'd been diving and Dave quickly convinced me to do an introductory dive together with my son.

On the morning of our dive, Dave wasted no time in getting us briefed. I appreciated Dave's confident manner in moving the lesson along and I knew I had found a great dive master for my son.

Dave took us over the Avalon Underwater Park for our dive and was patient as both my son and I worked on equalizing during our descent. Once underwater, I felt as though Dave could summon wildlife on command as he pointed out a bat ray gliding beneath us, lobster, and giant black bass all within the first dive. Being able to share my love of SCUBA with my teenage son with Dave as our guide was a true thrill for me.

In fact, my wife was so impressed with our dive report that we decided to do a night dive with Dave that same night! The following day, I brought my younger daughter to Dave's shop for snorkeling gear and had a fantastic encounter with a Giant Black Bass in Lover's Cove.

Dave is a patient, knowledgeable, and very effective dive master and I HIGHLY recommend him for introductory or guided tours.

I also want to thank Heather on Dave's staff for her follow-up and enthusiastic manner.

What a great experience. I can't wait to get back to Catalina and dive with Diver Dave again!

2  Thank John T
"guided dives"
"cool things"
"excellent job"

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently went to Catalina to dive. After doing some research, I decided to head out with Diver Dave at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. I was a little apprehensive because I have very little experience since I got my certification and have only dived in warm water. I quickly realized I had nothing to worry about! He was extremely professional and knowledgeable and helped me to focus and relax. I'm so glad I did. It was breathtaking underwater! The kelp is beautiful and there were so many different things to see. I wouldn't have noticed half of the creatures we saw, but he knows where to find them and points them out. We saw lobster, Garibaldis, starfish, eels and even a small shark! If you are looking to snorkel or dive, you must look for Diver Dave near Lovers Cove!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son and I had a great dive experience with Diver Dave. It was our first time and I was very nervous. Dave is very personable and friendly but he takes your safety seriously. We spent some time going over the equipment and how to properly use them. The day was sunny and bright and the water so so clear. We went in slowly and he explained everything so we would know what to expect. Once down in the water, he was never more than an arms reach from us. He pointed out the prolific marine life that makes Catalina was special. I recommend Dave with no reservations; he is an amazing guide. We will definitely go diving with Dave again!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We met Diver Dave at his office near Lovers Cove for an 8am dive. This was my first dive in California and I was a bit hesitant due to the water temp but He put us at ease and fitted us with all the required gear. He was prepared, professional and knowledgeable of the area. He pointed out sharks, eels, starfish and so many different things I don't recall making the dive that much more interesting. I will definitely return!