“Fantastic diving experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diving Catalina

Diving Catalina
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Diving Catalina is your gateway to underwater diving adventure in the waters off Catalina Island. Whether you’re looking for an afternoon of fun or a lifetime of marine experiences, our professional staff will help you and your family design a diving adventure for everyone. Catalina Snorkel and Scuba welcomes divers of all experience levels. Whether diving is like second nature to you, or the largest body of water you’ve ever been in is a public pool, you’ll feel comfortable diving and snorkeling with the pros at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. When you make your reservation with us, you can rest assured you’re in good hands!
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic diving experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently went to Catalina to dive. After doing some research, I decided to head out with Diver Dave at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. I was a little apprehensive because I have very little experience since I got my certification and have only dived in warm water. I quickly realized I had nothing to worry about! He was extremely professional and knowledgeable and helped me to focus and relax. I'm so glad I did. It was breathtaking underwater! The kelp is beautiful and there were so many different things to see. I wouldn't have noticed half of the creatures we saw, but he knows where to find them and points them out. We saw lobster, Garibaldis, starfish, eels and even a small shark! If you are looking to snorkel or dive, you must look for Diver Dave near Lovers Cove!

Visited July 2012

Laguna Beach, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Guaranteed great adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My son and I had a great dive experience with Diver Dave. It was our first time and I was very nervous. Dave is very personable and friendly but he takes your safety seriously. We spent some time going over the equipment and how to properly use them. The day was sunny and bright and the water so so clear. We went in slowly and he explained everything so we would know what to expect. Once down in the water, he was never more than an arms reach from us. He pointed out the prolific marine life that makes Catalina was special. I recommend Dave with no reservations; he is an amazing guide. We will definitely go diving with Dave again!!

Visited August 2011
Dominical, Costa Rica
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful dive experience with knowledgeable guide!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We met Diver Dave at his office near Lovers Cove for an 8am dive. This was my first dive in California and I was a bit hesitant due to the water temp but He put us at ease and fitted us with all the required gear. He was prepared, professional and knowledgeable of the area. He pointed out sharks, eels, starfish and so many different things I don't recall making the dive that much more interesting. I will definitely return!

“Lover's Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our guide (Dave) was amazing. We saw tons of wildlife including a jellyfish and even a lobster!

FYI: this tour is "GoPro Friendly!" He let us barrow a pole that we were able to clip our GoPro right into and we were able to capture "The Frenzy!"

Overall it was a time and we look forward to the SCUBA DIVE tour next!

Visited June 2012
motraveler23
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Catalina Dive Shop (aka Catalina Snorkel & Scuba) is outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I dove with Dave this past weekend on a guided dive in the Casino underwater park. As we prepared for the dive and took the short trip to the park, Dave explained the aspects of colder water diving that I needed to understand (additional weight needed, wet suit compression, bouyancy adjustments, etc.) Dave is very personable, thorough and patient. I felt like I was diving with a friend who was experienced and knew every corner of the dive site. My interest was in taking underwater video, and Dave tailored the dive to my goals. I recommend this dive operation.

Visited April 2012