“What the Doctor ordered!!”
Review of Mr. Ning's Chinese Garden - CLOSED

Mr. Ning's Chinese Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Always a pleasant spot to go to with very friendly staff. However today had an upset stomach and was recommended by Eric to pop in. The chicken with noodles and extra ginger soup was brought home and devoured!!! Very generous helping and feeling much better!! Really good.

1  Thank gearoid123

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Fast service good food for the price and very friendly. The staff seemed to know almost everyone coming in to eat or picking up takeout. Getting to the restroom was a bit of a maze but not really a deal killer.

1  Thank Fred T
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Living in San Franciso one gets spoiled with good authentic Chinese food. For Catalina this is the only place to get
Asian cusine. The quality is just so so. For one who loves good Chinese food, you might what to stick to the mainland.

1  Thank dougrh
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I love Mr. Ning's. I love coming to eat here with the warm friendly staff. Jan is Awesome. I love the orange chicken, the fried fish and shrimp, and their soups are good too. They can modify almost anything for you. Lunch menu is the best value but a nice dinner spot with a few to the busy street outside.

1  Thank MyOpinion1984
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our meal was only average and one dish did not meet our expectations. I don't mind unseasoned food, I almost never use salt, and maybe a little pepper but otherwise I drive my wife crazy when I don't add seasoning when cooking. But our meal went beyond that, the chicken chow fun was completely flavorless and the orange chicken was deep fried and then an orange sauce poured over it, this was not how most chinese restaurants I have been to serve it. The egg roll/spring rolls were greasy and undercooked, still doughy. On the plus side the egg flower soup was hot enough to cause severe burns if not careful and had a nice flavor. Overall, I would rather have had a hamburger than be just completely disappointed as we were.