“Big Cookies, and good burgers”
Review of DC-3 Gifts & Grill

DC-3 Gifts & Grill
Ranked #33 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Description: The DC-3 is a restaurant and gift shop located 1600 feet above sea level atop the magical island of Santa Catalina, 10 miles outside of Avalon. Stop in for a buffalo burger and killer cookie or just to enjoy the view from our patio. We are also a great resource for hikers. Fly, Ride, Bike or Hike - we look forward to welcoming you! For information on getting to the Airport-in-the-Sky, please call us. (310)510-2196.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ive been here numerous times and just last week finally tried the burger. It was really good. The cookies are huge and run about $2.50 I believe. My wife always wants to go there just for the cookies and usually ends up staying for a main course.

A great thing to do is order your food and sit outside overlooking the mountain ranges towards the town of Avalon. Its a great view! If your up for a short scenic hike theres a 2 mile loop you can hike around that has some great scenery. Allow about 2 1/2 hours for the beginner to be safe and bring plenty of water and Cookies!!!

1  Thank barracudamuscle
There are newer reviews for DC-3 Gifts & Grill

Reviewed May 19, 2013

On our Inland Expedition Tour, our guide, Stephen, recommended the Killer Cookie at the Airport restaurant. OMG...it is sooo good and truly a meal in itself. I bought the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Walnut. For 2.50, it's HUGE and so homemade yummy delicious. It was a very nice indulgence for the day!

1  Thank hbgirl-forever
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stopped here on our tour of Catalina. One of our family members, who lives on the island, recommended that we go there for lunch. This is not a 5 star gourmet restaurant. They have sandwiches, buffalo burgers and even tacos. It's a simple menu and is tasty.The cookies are great. You can eat your lunch on the back patio overlooking the beautiful scenery. It also has a nice giftshop. Would eat here again.

1  Thank Vegas_Odyssey
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I wasn't sure what I'd get when I took a tour that stopped here for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised by the restaurant and gift shop. My husband got the bison tacos (he figured he'd never see that on another menu!) and I got the grilled cheese on sourdough. The food is cooked to order and you get to choose indoor or outdoor seating. We sat outdoors and watched the hummingbirds flit around from branch to branch. The food quality was very good and the prices were very reasonable. We were tempted by the cookies but we left them for our next visit.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The cookies are fantastic, fresh, and yummy!!! Make sure to get (at least) two: one for the moment and one for later!!!

1  Thank Brook E