Portofino Hotel
El Terado Terrace(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$249
Groupon.com
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$161
$152
$110
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssun decksconescontinental breakfastthe main streetbeach chairsdescanso beacheuropean feelcatalina islandoff seasonorange juicerooms are smallthe hotel staffhotel is locatedcatalina expressbottle of champagnecourtyard roomgas fireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for our anniversary. We splurged for the Miramare suite to get a private balcony, but be aware the pictures in the brochures and on their website are all hoaxes. The suite looks nothing like the website. It's much smaller, but was still adequate for us. The balcony was nice and we did have a lovely view of the ocean and harborfront, but it wasn't private. There were 3 feet high open gates separating our balcony from our neighbors on either side so if you're looking for outdoor privacy, this seems to be rare in Avalon.
Hotel staff were very nice and the restaurant was great. The sun deck was nice as well and altogether the hotel was clean and efficient. Other than the room disappointment in size, this is a nice hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My family and I LOVED the Hotel Villa Portofino. It is a charming, quaint hotel that is right across the street from the beach. Clean room, great service, lovely environment with a beautiful courtyard that makes you feel like you are in a sweet Mexican or Mediterranean courtyard. Located at the end of the main "strip" of shops and restaurants. Walking distance to all shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I ended up booking this hotel after reading reviews from most hotels on Catalina. I wanted clean and newer, and this hotel fit the bill. However, that being said, the room was soooo small. Plus I booked late and only had the option of a queen size bed with the addition of a futon for our son. There starts the problem. The "futon" is foam piece about 2 inches thick with a sheet and blanket. That being said, that was much more comfortable than the cement slab referred to as a bed my husband and I slept on. I never missed my own bed so much, I have slept better when camping and sleeping on an air mattress. As for the "free wi fi", another mis-momer.... signal was either unfindable or too weak to do any business, plus they said they would charge after 24 hours, be sure to fight that! Personnel were nice, continental breakfast nice, great place at the end of the noise of main drag of Catalina. Just be prepared for what you are getting for the money.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Just got home tonight from a 2 day stay at the VP, and think their staff is fantastic! Location is excellent as well- right across the street is beach access. We both loved it- think it is a good value for the price, and we loved the sun deck, good continental breakfast, and helpful staff. Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed here for a one night getaway. The room was small but very cute and cosy. The sundeck is fantastic and a really good place to relax and take in a view of the bay.
Catalina is beautiful and I recommend a bus trip into the interior of the island. We saw the buffalo and the airport in the sky - just fantastic.
For a romantic break, this is the perfect place and the Hotel Villa Portofino is wonderful. They allowed us to check in really early and leave our bags until we were leaving the next day. They gave us information about the island and directions to a restaurant for dinner. Lovely people. Lovely little hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple