“Horrible experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sally's Waffle Shop
Cuisines: American
Description: If you do a Google search on "Sally's Waffle Shop, Avalon, CA" you will find reviews of it on yelp.com and insiderpages.com, etc. The restaurant's phone number is (310) 510-0355.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

3 of us went to this place on Saturday morning. I will cut this review really short nailing down to the important points:

Attitude: Not the most friendly woman (probably the owner) - The woman who served us acted like she really hates her job or for some odd reason she hated us who knows. My battery was dead and I needed to charge my phone. I could see a charger by the cashier and I requested to see if I can charge. Got a blunt "no" which is alright, not the end of the world but never seen a business owner / server like her.

Coffee: the coffee they serve here felt like it was brewing since the night before. Horrible - we were at the spot around 9am.

Breakfast: Ordered scrambled eggs and sausage. It tasted like it was dipped in pure oil. Extremely greasy - which gave me one of the worst heart burns I had through out the day.

I would not go there again, nor I would recommend. A lot to improve in here before I pay that much money again.

1  Thank magnetar

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been meaning to try this place for years but never made it. Then this last trip we had an earily boat trip back and we got breakfeast and it was worth the wait!!! Giant strawberry and whip cream covered waffle with bacon eggs and hash browns!! We were full till dinner time and every bite was delicious!! We will be back!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Sorry they lost their lease and is closing. To many of the good restaurants loose their leases and kicked out. Hard to believe as long as this place has been around the Island company would do that to them. The employee's got a forced retirement

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I should have sensed the danger when the waitress at a "Waffle Shop" recommended a scramble over the waffles. The "waffle" was about 1/8" thick. The strawberries and bananas looked good but my stomach told me otherwise for the rest of they day. My wallet was $35 dollars lighter. The scamble was "meh". I think these guys are owned/operated by the same people working at Joe's Place. We ate there earlier in the trip. Not impressed with them either. Will never go back to either and cannot recommend ever! For the money, go to Jack's.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Well here is the thing, the staff makes you feel invisible and is not really rude, just not there. They will bring you cold toast with no butter so if you like your toast with butter and you go here, better let them know, a few times. Your breakfast will follow about ten minutes later. I don't get it, the place only had a few people there but there were at least 3 people keeping busy doing anything but serving breakfast. My son and I paid $32 for a simple breakfast and I really had to force myself to leave a tip of only $4 . They all had T-shirts on that said "eat at Joe's" Which is a sign except that they are literally connected to each other.
Hope it was just a bad day, I hate to give poor reviews but I left feeling empty.