“Excellent Tour!”

Icons of Avalon
Ranked #34 of 52 Tours in Avalon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This historic waterfront architectural walking and wine tasting tour will take you back to a time of elegance when great visionaries created the magical island of Catalina. It features the various icons, such as the buildings, people, and events which made Catalina what it is today. Tours run daily at 4:30 finishing with wine tasting at one of Avalon's premiere wine bars. Reservations are required and the cost is only $30! Call today to enjoy Catalina in a way that is truely unique.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 5, 2012

What a fun way to learn about Catalina Island and all its history! We had a very enjoyable walk as we learned about the many famous people who frequented the Island, as well as other interesting information about the Island that we never knew. At the end of the tour we were lead to a very nice upscale wine bar that we thoroughly enjoyed. I definitely would recommend this for anyone visiting the Island and wanting to know more about the Island other than it's a beautiful place to visit. It was also a lot of fun meeting other people on the tour and seeing them again around town later. Thank you for the wonderful tour, we will definitely recommend it to friends who plan on visiting!

1  Thank Deannie P

Reviewed April 11, 2012

It was our guide's (Constance if I remember well) second time giving this tour. Although I don't care she had to refer to her guide book at least 6-7 times during the tour, she wasn't nice or personable and is obviously not in a career that suits her. No smiles, no jokes, no enthusiasm... The one-hour tour was done in 40 minutes at the end of which she ran away as fast as she could barely saying good-bye to us. A waste of of money.

1  Thank Marlene J
iconsofavalon, Owner at Icons of Avalon, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Tour goer,
Very sorry to hear about your tour experience. We take pride in our Icon tour being a top rated tour. I would like to explain to you what happened. Constance is one of our top Ghost tour guides, she is not an Icon guide. That day you took the tour our usual guide was unavailable at the 11th hour. I took it upon myself to call Constance and ask to her to take the tour so the tour would not have to be cancelled.. She is just in training and was not ready for that responsibility. I fully take the blame for your unpleasent experience and would like to apologize. I will contact you in private to discuss options. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Margaret

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This walking tour covering Avalon's history and architecture is a charming and helpful way to begin one's Catalina sojourn. Pat, the guide for my tour, was expert and friendly. The wine tasting at the end at a harbor cafe is the perfect touch.

1  Thank Joe N
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We read the great reviews and decided to do the tour when we arrived on to the island. We called the number listed and booked tickets. There was only us and Pat for our tour. She did a excellent job. Every question we had she knew the answer. It is in the top 5 tours we have taken. Also if you ask nicely she will give you the lowdown on the local gossip. But you didn't hear that from me.

1  Thank tallsocal