“Best experience ever”

and up
Catalina Island Zip Line Eco Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Dropping from 500ft. to 60ft. above sea level with one run that is 1,100 linear feet long. Travel close to three quarters of a mile over five consecutive zips at speeds pushing 45mph. The tour lasts approximately two hours. Reservations are highly recommended.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hilton, New York
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

want to have an amazing time? the catalina zip lining eco tour is an absolute rush and amazing. I was freaked out to do it and nervous but it was the best experience I have had in a long time. The people who instruct you make the trip also, I HIGHLY recommend this experience. This can be a couples, family and friends experience.

Torrance, California, United States
“Awesome Tour Guides”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Matt & Donald was the best!! My husband took me there to celebrate my birthday and it was the best birthday present ever! I loved that they were knowledgable and the information about Catalina was so awesome. They really took their time to tell us stories and you can tell it means a lot to them. I have already recommended them to family and friends. I give this two thumbs up!!! They definitely made my birthday special!!!

San Diego, California
“Just Amazing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I just went on this with my parents yesterday, and it was fantastic. The guides, Jake and Doug, were really helpful and made it easier to experience the zip line. It was really easy to trust the guides and we all felt very safe and secure. They also provided knowledge on the wildlife and Catalina Island itself, which added to the fun. I would recommend this to people who have been unsure of whether it was worth the fee (I think it was $115, not sure about Ship and Zip that my parents used) or are just looking for some fun. It was easy-going and tons of fun! I really hope to come again for the zip line. Once again, great thanks to the guides Jake and Doug for making it an unforgettable experience.

Portland, OR
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I learned there was a zipline operation on the island, within walking distance from my hotel above Descanso Beach. I signed on ($115) and received an excellent briefing from guides Matt and Kris. On each of 5 platforms, Matt would launch himself first so he could "catch" incoming zip-liners and Kris remained to send each member of our group off. Instructions and visual signals were simple and easily complied with as we left one platform and approached the other. Radio communication was maintained by guides from tower to tower. It was great fun, and our guides provided us with information about the island's history and environment as we moved along.
On the last line, there is a digital camera, triggered by motion sensor, that can provide a photo (at small additional cost) of the individual zip-liner as a souvenir.
I have but one other zip-lining experience with which to compare this, but I had a great time and heartily recommend this to anyone with a sense of curiosity!

“Zip away, just do it!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Excellent fun! Guides, Amanda, Dylan, & Tim are amazing. They give you confidence, knowledge, and they make it a blast. I'll do it again and next time do it at night!