“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Avalon Grille

Avalon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Miso Cured Bass, Lavender Roast Chicken and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We sat down to a beautiful view and a nicely set table. We ordered a bottle of wine and since we were enjoying the ambiance and wine so much we sat for an hour and a half enjoying the evening before we ordered our meal. The waitress and staff made sure we were taken care of at all times without making us feel bothered. Highley recomended!

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed dining at the Avalon Grille on your recent trip to Catalina Island. Thank you for coming to see us! I am glad that you enjoyed your wine and our atmosphere before your dinner. We hope to see you again soon on the island.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The ambiance was relaxed elegance. I loved the decor and location. We stopped in for drinks and appetizers. Loved the thai lime chicken wings and green beans. The hummus mezze was also tasty. The service was good but the waitress repeatedly asked us about our dinner choices. We were upfront when we arrived that our visit was for appetizers and drinks only. This will not stop us from returning because the food and drinks were excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for stopping by the Avalon Grille for drinks and appetizers on your recent trip to Catalina Island. We also appreciate you posting about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We hope that on your next trip to the island that you come see us again!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

we were lucky enough to be in Avalon on a quiet couple of days. we were just strolling, looking for a place to have some dinner... and we bumped into the Avalon Grille.... at happy hour.
we really enjoyed the very reasonably priced drinks but just loved the appetizers we ordered at the bar.
The caesar salad was fabulous... and the artichoke / cheese dip really delish...
on both of our visits (in the two days) the serving staff was so friendly and welcoming.

We look forward to our next time in Avalon... and our next time at the Grille.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments that you provided about your experience at the Avalon Grille on TripAdvisor. My team and I are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our happy hour! Please come back and see us next time you visit Catalina Island.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I came here for dinner in the middle of the week. We were seated as we walked in, we chose the patio. The service was wonderful, everyone was very nice. I ordered the Lobster Mac & Cheese. It sounded absolutely delicious so I was excited to try it. When the food arrived I was disappointed that my meal had a VERY funky smell to it. The mixture of the cheeses and the lobster was definitely not a good combination. Hoping that it tasted better than it smelled I took a bite. It tasted exactly how it smelled not to mention the lobster pieces were a bit chewy. I had to literally hold my breath while eating it just to avoid the taste and smell. I had our server box it up to go, I felt bad not eating it. The dessert definitely made up for it. The cheesecake was one of the best I've had at a restaurant.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Avalon Grille on your recent trip to Catalina Island. We also very much appreciate your feedback that you provided on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear that your Lobster Mac and Cheese was not up to our standards. I will be sure to pass this information along to my team. We hope that you do return to the Avalon Grille again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Avalon Grille is one of my favorite spots in Avalon. The food is delicious - try the brussell sprouts! They also have a great selection of wine. It's a nice spot to chill out at the bar or have dinner with friends.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at the Avalon Grille and for your response on TripAdvisor. We appreciate that you took the time to post about your experience here. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the brussels sprouts, they are definitely a favorite here.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back here soon!