“Delicious food and family friendly”
Review of Avalon Grille

Avalon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Miso Cured Bass, Lavender Roast Chicken and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were 4 adults and 3 children ages 3,4 and 6. The servers could not have been happier to help us throughout the meal. I ate the quail and loved it. It was tender and tasty.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining at the Avalon Grille while on Catalina Island. We enjoyed serving you and your family and appreciate the feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our quail, it is quite delicious!

On your next trip to the island, please come back and see us again! Happy New Year to you and your family.

There are newer reviews for Avalon Grille

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I LOVE this place! I come to the island quite often and always look forward to the exquisite cuisine and friendly staff. Try the brussel sprouts... you will thank me later! We are consistently greeted with welcoming smiles, a dazzling course of meals and delivered the best service on the island. Our server on this last trip was Kris... he was fabulous! If you ever get the chance to make it out to Avalon, definitely put this place on your radar. Can't wait to come back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your experience at the Avalon Grille. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. My team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! I will definitely pass your comments over to Kris. Thank you for mentioning him in your review.

The brussels sprouts are a favorite at the Avalon Grille. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed them! Please come back and see us on your next visit to Catalina Island. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I, ALONGWITH MY WIFE WENT IN FOR LUNCH AT THIS RESTAURANT. Surprisingly, nobody came to greet or ask us for having a seat. After 3 or 4 mins standing there and looking at employees staring at us, I had to go ask at the bar tender if they can give us dining for 2 people. Server told us it was busy for them there and apologized. I barely saw 10 customers sitting inside and thought if this is busy for them then what is actual busy busy? Food was good and served on time. But like we say first impression is last; that's why coz of first visit and standing there for a while gave us wrong impression. For a stay of 8 days in Avalon, CA, we never went in that restaurant again. Neither plan to do it.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent experience at the Avalon Grille. We very much appreciate the feedback. I am disappointed that you found our service not up to our standards. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I hope that on your return to Catalina that you do give us another chance to let us serve you. Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The posted menu looks pretty okay when you're strolling around looking for a decent place for dinner. But you arrive to find all the tables surrounding the busy bar -- and the many TV's tuned to sports of all kinds -- so a cozy spot is not easy to find. We surmised that food and dining is not high on the priority list at this place. Our waiter took the cake. Completely disinterested, brusque, and mainly concerned with a table of young ladies with martinis. We had to gesture wildly to get his attention. He told us he'd lived on the island 35 years. Isn't it time to take your job more seriously and maybe even get some personality? Sure, it's a young people's place as it turns out, but when the by-the-glass wines are priced at $14, and bottles at prices that would surprise a wine collector, you also expect some form of sophistication and class. Not just pretense.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments that you posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the Avalon Grille. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening with us. I hope that upon your return to Catalina Island that you give us another chance to let us serve you.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let me say that it was a great experience. The staff was so great, nice and respectful and definitely on point. We choose to sit on the patio which offers a beautiful view of the water and the people. Now on to the real good stuff..... The food. We had calamari and brussel sprouts. althought the calamari was great, I couldn't get enough of the brussel sprouts ( and let me tell you.. I never eat them-but I did this night). Our entrees were fabulous. My friends and I had only good things to say and finished our meals. The serving size was just right for everyone. I am planning another trip with my parents and definitely plan to go back for a revisit for some great service and food.
Thank you to the whole staff for a wonderful experience.

CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for dining with us on your recent trip to Catalina Island. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. My team will be very happy to read that they helped to make your meal memorable.

Our Brussels Sprouts are a favorite among everyone. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed them! We are looking forward to seeing you again with your parents, please let us know if we can help in any way.