“Great Ambiance and Food”
Review of Avalon Grille

Avalon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Miso Cured Bass, Lavender Roast Chicken and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Universal City,Ca
“Great Ambiance and Food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was my husbands birthday,and not only did they give use the best seat in the house,
they also had wonderful food and service!!!
We had a wonderful time,and the view is reminiscent of Europe:)
We will return,again,and again.

1 Thank Powderu
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at the Avalon Grille during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your taking the time to share with us your dining experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Seal Beach, California
“Great place but new menu changes are not good!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are regular visitors to Catalina and have eaten here about 6 times. It has always been the best restaurant to eat at (since it opened). I would give it 5 stars, but I have to deduct one for how they ruined their brussels sprouts recipe! It was absolutely one of the BEST dishes ever at a restaurant, but for some reason they redid their menu and changed this recipe. For the rest of dinner, everything else was wonderful (fresh Ahi poki, filet mignon, fresh local (white) seabass, caesar salad). And then they removed the fried Oreos from the dessert menu! In my book you can't change that recipe and ditch the best dessert ever and not lose a star, even if you are the best restaurant on the island by a mile!

Los Angeles, California
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service was good, the abalone was great-- it is the best restaurant in Avalon. Great view of the harbor.

1 Thank Jrryo
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Avalon Grille. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your dining experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille very soon.

Santa Clarita, California
“Great View to go along with the great food”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We walked in after a party of 6 and noticed there was no hostess. I was a little worried that the service was going to fall short, but once we were seated many people came to see if we were okay, if we needed anything and to ask if we were having a good time. The manager, Trisha even walked over to see if you could get us something. Honestly we came in for dessert, but we ended up eating there :) and having a couple of drinks. We sat at the front of the restaurant and had a beautiful view of the harbor all lite up at night. It was actually quite a romantic setting. My husband and i enjoyed it very much,

Visited July 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to personally acknowledge my team in contributing to your dining experience.

Ithaca, New York, United States
“Try the filet!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What an amazing restaurant: great service and great food! The mussels appetizer was amazing and the filet mignon was to die for. I'll go to Avalon Grille when I return to Catalina- wouldn't go the island and miss this amazing restaurant!

Visited July 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful dining experience at the Avalon Grille on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. I will personally share your feedback with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Grille.