“Great Food, Great Night!”
Review of Avalon Grille

Avalon Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Miso Cured Bass, Lavender Roast Chicken and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Los Angeles, California
“Great Food, Great Night!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to dine here on his birthday. We also brought our very own bottle of wine. Our server was very friendly but we were scared when she was opening our wine, she clearly had no experience. Our bottle was a very expensive bottle and as we were watching her open it we were so close to jumping in and opening it ourselves. Another server, who was amazing , took over and opened it for us. He was way more attentive than she was.

My boyfriend ordered the Scallop over Mushroom Rissotto and I ordered the Filet Mignon with Veggies.
My Filet Mignon and his Scallops were really good! Super tasty and worth the price.
We also had their Tuna Tartare and their Wagu Carpaccio, they were Phenomenal!!!!
For dessert we had their daily ice cream creation and this night it was an apple sorbet. So fresh and light.

Over all our meal was fantastic :) Had a great time!

• Visited May 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful dining experience at the Avalon Grille on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Grille.

Markus Markovcich

usa
“Great Food… but be patient”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our dinner here started off horribly rocky. We had made 8pm reservations and after a series of “5 more minutes” to “are you sure you made reservations?” (this is after we checked in 15 minutes prior)… we were seated at 830pm. We did see another table with reservations that waited almost as long as we did, too. On the lighter side – the manager did seat us, apologized and made up for the lack of service through food extras.

That being said – the food & service was FABULOUS. The catch of the day was FRESH and the portions were perfect. Our server was so nice. Ambiance was great and drink list inclusive. Yes, I will eat here again for a nice night out… and will make earlier reservations and make sure I’m not super hungry when I show up.

• Visited May 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at the Avalon Grille during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your taking the time to share with us your dining experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Sumter, South Carolina
“Fantastic find in a small town!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had an early lunch at Avalon Grille in April while the town was a bit quieter than in the summer months. The drinks were yummy and so was the food. We had the mussels appetizer and it was perfect. Then we had the fried green tomatoes--crisp and flavorful--served with Southern-style condiments. The sand dabs were the daily special and they were tender and buttery. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Would return to this restaurant without hesitation.

• Visited April 2013
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, May 13, 2013

“Good place for dinner”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to give this place a try because the staff that was checking us in at our hotel raved about the chicken he had here the night before.

By the time we got there though we decided on appetizers mostly, but still we enjoyed the dinner quite a bit! We ordered the dip, the calamari, and the clam chower and it filled me and husband up well. And the ambiance is nice, dimly lit and quite enough to carry on a conversation comfortably.

I also ordered a cocktail called the French Kiss, and then found it tasted like cough syrup! When I let the waitress know that, she happily took it back and replaced it with something else that was delightful.

I am planning on returning here for the chicken in the future.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Avalon Grille. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your dining experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille.

Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Hip vibe for a sleepy island town!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just ate there last weekend. I love the feel of the place. We were greeted immediately and eated right away (although I wasn't too pleased with the location of the table and they said they could not seat us elsewhere though there were several tables empty). We got bread and water right away, but it did take a while to see a server.

The food was amazing! I had the scallops which were perfectly prepared and the mushroom risotto that came with it was delicious!! My dining partner had the twin filets and said they were perfect.

It is a little pricey, but I'm told that the island is leaning towards more upscale ($$$) establishments to attract a higher end crowd.

• Visited April 2013
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and in particular, you were delighted with the food. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Grille.

Markus Markovcich