“Way to go, Constance!!!”

The Original Ghost Tours of Catalina
Ranked #23 of 54 Tours in Avalon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A day or evening ghostly walking tour which will guide you through haunted Avalon; over the very burial ground the village was built upon. You will drop in on a variety of historic locations which are sure to raise the hair on your neck with their paranormal activity. You will become entwined with the unsolved mysteries, scandalous tales, ghostly sightings, types of ghosts and why they continue to haunt Avalon. Cameras are encouraged. Nothing is made up. It is historic, educational and crazy wild when we have an encounter. The tours last just over an hour and are “G Rated for Ghostly” and are great for families as well as for the serious paranormal investigator or amateur ghost hunter. Tours meet near the Casino and come back into town with some stairs involved. The tour ends at the opposite side of town at the most actively haunted site in town.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
West Hollywood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Way to go, Constance!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent tour about the islands creepy spots, and excellent guide!!! Constance, you sent shivers down my spine with some of those stories! I recommend this tour, and I definitely recommend going on Constance's tour. TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY... LOVE IT!!!!!!!

3 Thank reckless m

Orange, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lame!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We felt we got ripped off for this tour, we left half way into it. People were even stopping and laughing at us while in the tour. It was a joke!

2 Thank Patricia T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst ghost tour ever.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went Sunday night, August 12, 2012. This was the worst ghost tour we've ever been on anywhere. The historical information was incorrect on four occasions, the ghost stories were like Saturday matinee horror flicks, the narration was psychobabble and laughable junk "science" without a real citation ever made. Interesting stories about real people were neglected. All of this was made worse by the guide's constant use of "you guys" to address the customers, "O.K.?" to punctuate sentences, and "all right?" to validate whatever foolishness we had just been told. The history and mystery of Avalon deserve better. I'd bet a lot of money that no one goes on the tour a second time.

1 Thank highsurf03
highland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great 1st Night Tour”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you're staying on the island, I recommend this tour on your first day as it gives you certain historical insight and an interesting perspective on the island's history.

I took the tour with guide, Scott, who captured and maintained our group's interest, including some passer-bys who wanted to know what type of tour required wearing glow necklaces.

Scott was naturally entertaining because of his knowledge and passion on the subjects of Avalon and Paranormal Activity. He really did a fine job of presenting historical data and encouraged members of the group to research it later. At the end of the tour, near the Catherine Hotel, as Scott wrapped it up, no one quite wanted to leave...whether that was because they wanted to hear more or were just freaked a bit, or both....I'm not sure.

I give this event a high rating because whatever your perspective is on life after death, you can learn an appreciation for those personalities who helped to build Avalon into a sharable attraction and might just still be hanging around the place they love.

I'd love to tell you more, as I'm chopping at the bits, but I don't want to be a spoiler!

1 Thank rebecca l
wilmington, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Spooky. Creepy. Cool.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My daughter and I went on the tour the evening of July 19th, led by Lily and Aaron. It was a very fun tour, with lots of great spooky stories as well as interesting historical tidbits. People from our group that evening (myself included) shared a couple of personal paranormal/haunting stories, which seemed to really excite both of the tour guides.
The tour provided some unique Avalon/Catalina history and some very creepy stories of death.

Throughout the tour, a lot of pictures were taken. Many of the pictures I took had orbs clearly appear, but I found my Glenmore Plaza shots especially interesting. Pictures I took BEFORE the story was being told had no orbs whatsoever. Pictures taken as the story of the fire was being told: filled with orbs. Pretty cool. The Catherine had some solid orb action as well, and my daughter saw some interesting things in one of the windows.

After the tour, my daughter and I continued walking, going back to the Casino and taking more pictures in search of orbs etc. My digital camera takes pictures in quick sequence, so we saw some neat stuff: a sequence of shots with an orb following my daughter...a couple of orbs coming toward us outside the tuna club...but especially spooky was this: we had been walking a while & gotten rather spooked by hearing footsteps immediately behind us when there was nobody there, by feeling bursts of heat when near the lamps that would go out, etc. We decided to head back home, b/c we were both getting creeped out. As we walked along, there were no people behind us, no people in the boats near the shore, no people immediately in front of us. As we walked a bit past the tuna club toward the main part of town, we both heard a loud man's voice right over our shoulders say something . It was one sentence, and it was definitely not friendly. Neither of us could understand the words, but both of us were freaked out -- we looked: there were NO people near us. Not one. We high tailed it to Olaf's and hung out in the light for a bit before returning to our hotel which, thankfully, was not on the list of haunted spots!

Don't go into it expecting Vincent Price to be the tour guide, and don't expect ghosts to leap in front of you a-la-scooby doo.
DO go into it expecting a fun time learning about the island and maybe, just maybe, getting a good little scaring.

Visited July 2012