“Big dips here”
Review of Big Olaf's

Big Olaf's
Ranked #6 of 7 Dessert in Avalon
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It was a hot day and Olaf's was in just the right spot for ice cream with a line out the door. The line moved quickly, though.

I was going to order a double-dip cone, but when I saw the size of the first dip I decided that would be plenty. Many flavors to choose from here!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Super huge portions, reasonable (mainland) prices, outstanding selection, and right on the Ocean, so sit down on the benches and enjoy super view and taste. They gave me for the single like a triple so got to thank them for this. For $5, had a super Waffle cone, with ice cream overflowing the top. Short wait time and the staff was very focused on Customer service! A super time was experienced....a must visit while in Avalon!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

They are very generous with their scoops and had a variety of flavors! We went there 2 times while we stayed there! Definitely will go back there again!! A definite must!!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

They used to serve Thrifty's ice cream which is hard to get and is sooo good so I was super excited to go to Olaf's again and get my fill. Sadly, now they serve Dreyer's. It's still good, but nothing special. The freshly made waffle cones are amazing and I do love their marshmallow sauce, though. A big olaf is $5.50 and is big enough for two to split. You get two large scoops, one topping, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry. We also ordered a rootbeer float which was good. The two women working there were really unfriendly, but you're in and out so who really cares.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Loved the ice cream cones - very friendly people too!