“Amazing Oysters!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday on Catalina, and after renting golf carts we had lunch here. We LOVE fresh seafood and this spot didn't disappoint. The oysters were some of the best I've ever had. Great, quaint spot on Catalina. Very laid back with yummy food!

There are newer reviews for The Lobster Trap

Reviewed July 22, 2014

While Catalina Island offers myriad eating opportunities, the Lobster Trap was our favorite venue bar none during our last trip to this magical town. Do not be put off immediately by the crowded, noisy, hot atmosphere where the pool table has been turned into a banquet table and the diners on the upper level look like they're sitting on a boat in the harbor. The ceviche alone is to die for; we ordered double and devoured every morsel. Fish tacos were yummy too. Friendly, easy-going service. My wife now proudly wears her t-shirt.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I didn't have high hopes of delicious food in a sleepy little tourist town like Avalon, but this place was amazing and highly recommended by our local dive instructor. I ordered the Cioppino and my husband ordered the Swordfish burger. Both were delicious. We also got a ceviche appetizer, which despite the lack of avocados, was delicious. Can get pretty crowded and loud, but worth it.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

You would expect the best clam chowder to come from Bodega Bay and I thought so too until we shared a bowl of clam chowder at the Lobster Trap. Oh my it is rich and full of clams.....really full of clams. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We went into The Lobster Trap craving Poke and it satisfied our craving!! We got chips and salsa and my favorite beer Lost Coast, Downtown Brown. Everything was excellent! Our server was very fun and personable. He was from Hawaii, so he knew about Poke! We enjoyed chatting with him! Lobster Trap is a casual, hole in the wall kind of place, which we love. We most certainly will go back on out next trip to Avalon!