“Wonderful local and tourist hangout.”
Review of The Lobster Trap

The Lobster Trap
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Big Bear City, California
“Wonderful local and tourist hangout.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

What a place! Amazing chowder, steaks, and fish tacos. Doesn't get much better than this. We will recommend this place to anyone going to Catalina. Very good bloody Mary's as well.

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice local joint!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I saw the reviews thought I'd give this place a try! I had the lobster roll which was great full of chunks of sweet lobster my son had the burger which was good and my daughter had the fish and chips which was good as well. The happy hour was great $2beers had the great white their house beer which was delicious! The only thing I can complain about was the waiter took a while to get us our first round and got a little distracted but other then that would eat there again for sure!

Sheridan, Wyoming
“Most amazing baked local lobster, OMG!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This place is were the locals go. I can see why, nothing fancy just great seafood. The local lobster was split, packed with crab stuffing, and drizzled with butter. Came with two sides. I had the grilled asparagus and side of cole slaw. What is not to like about that. Very Competent wait staff and cooks. Washed it down with happy hour priced beer (nice IPA for $2). I have had great lobster in Boston and Cancun, but this was better. Prices are reasonable for what you got, and hey your on a island full of tourists.

1 Thank 792SteveS792
Santee, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When in season, you gotta have the local lobster!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were walking around Catalina and strolled upon the the pier. It was late in the day when we looked at the window at the scuba shop there. It said "closed for the day, see you at the Lobster Trap!". Anyway, later we went to verify our appointment for the next day massage. We asked the lady there were we could get a good meal for a reasonable price. She mentioned the Lobster Trap! It's where the locals would go to get a good meal.

So that's where we went! We were greeted by Omar, born and raised on Catalina Island. Very friendly and accomodating. We were debating on what to have and he mentioned the lobster that is caught in local waters. It was late in the day, so all they had left were the big ones! A little pricey, but he said it would be plenty to have if we split it. Which we did! A buttery 2 pounder split in half and stuffed with a crab stuffing. My wife said it was the best one she has ever had and I agreed.

Make sure you ask for Omar when going to assure the best of down home service. Juan also pitched in and took our pictures too.

Visited March 2014
Corona, California
“My favorite restaurant on the island”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Wonderful food. Our family comes to Catalina for the marathon in March and we like this restaurant for before and after. I go with the pasta with red sauce for before, and it's good, and then after we go with whatever we want! We had crab cakes, chicken tenders, mahi mahi with macadamia nut crust, swordfish, fish n chips, chicken parmigiana as well as the pasta (not one meal, two....) and everything was wonderful. The fries were skinny and not greasy and just yummy. Kiddo had a virgin strawberry colada (she is not of age) and I had a pina colada and both hit the spot. Prices are pretty reasonable for quality food on an island.

Visited March 2014