“Where the Locals Eat!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is a GEM! What a great place to get some fresh seafood and great beer! Candy was our server, and while the place was VERY BUSY she was an absolute sweetheart! They have a fun item on the Menu that a local told us about and now we can reccommend too: Monkey Balls! I know I know! But, you have to order them. You can easily overlook this place so make the effort to check it out! There is even a 1/2 of a real boat in dining room that you can dine in. Also, I loved the signage about the bar "No Pissy Attitudes"

There are newer reviews for The Lobster Trap

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff were friendly and we actually ate there twice and then another event we were at, they catered. Their spinach salad is wonderful! Also, their clam chowder and coconut shrimp. I also had fish tacos and they were a little dry, but just make sure to ask for extra salsa.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Supposedly this is a "locals" hangout. It probably is, but it was hard to tell when we were there. The place got packed on a Saturday night around 7:30. We asked the guy at the front for a good table. We were seated in the "boat," which was fine. It was also out of the way of some of the hullabloo below.

The food was good. We split a whole Maine lobster and the angel hair pasta. I've had better lobster, but it certainly was tasty. It comes with a baked potato and veggies. The service was great.

The only two issues we had:

1.) The bartender was young and didn't really seem to understand how to make a martini. It wasn't a problem as the one that was improperly made was promptly replaced without question.

2.) There was a very loud and obnoxious drunk man who was part of a party of 7 or 8 sitting at one of the larger tables near the front of the restaurant. He was screaming obscenities and was bothersome enough to cause a group of older ladies to walk out before they ordered. Management didn't appear to want to do anything about him. He eventually quieted down.

Overall it's a good place to eat and the staff is very friendly.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

we really liked this restaurant during our stay. it seems like there were a lot of locals hanging out here which is usually a good sign. awesome ceviche and seafood and strong drinks. great casual vacation atmosphere!

1  Thank Aly F
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This little hole-in-the-wall place was off the beaten path but WELL WORTH the trek to find!!!! I came on a Monday night looking for dinner & MNF!!!! I not only got BOTH, I got the BEST SERVICE on the island. Chris was my waiter & served up the BEST LOBSTER I've had in a long time. I'm not a big fan of a whole lobster so I ordered just the tail. It came butterflied served on top of it's shell with a side of grilled asparagus & stuffed baked potato. I soaked a few pieces in my hot drawn butter & was transported to lobster HEAVEN!!!!

I couldn't just end there because I still had a bit of Malbec in my wine glass to pair up with their chocolate souffle cake. YES! DECADENCE at it's finest. Chris served it up HOT & with some extra dollops of whip cream to balance out the temperature of each incredible bite. A big shout out of gratitude to Chris & his wait staff for taking care of me!!!

XOXO,