“Confession” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lobster Trap

The Lobster Trap
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staunton, Virginia
“Confession”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have a confession- I'm addicted to sweet potato fries- and The Lobster Trap has them. My experience with other foods here has been good, but not always blow your mind amazing. They have a nice selection of beers, and the staff is usually friendly and fast. Usually.

The place can get loud when it's busy, but I prefer it in the early afternoon when they aren't busy. They will make a buffalo milk for you, one of the places within the city limits. Lots of dairy, lots of booze. It has bested several of my friends and relatives.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Compton, California
“Best Ever Anywhere! Period!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I were so disappointed with Steve's Steakhouse that we wanted to find something to eat that would be value for money, and for goodness sake...tasted good. We went on a tour with a couple from Las Vegas and they said go to The Lobster Trap and get Blackened Salmon...so we did exactly as they said...I can not explain how good it was (slightly salty for those sensitive to that but with perfect balance for us). I had a stomach flu and my wife was eating for me...She took one bite and told me that "I know this would be the first thing you have eaten in 24 hours but it would be worth it!" so I tried it...WOW! Even with a sour stomach and sore throat...it was the best tasting fish ever Anywhere Period! And I have eaten lots of fish in many different ways and my wife really does not like fish that much and we BOTH agreed...an accomplishment in and of itself!

• Visited January 2013
CA
“Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a fun place to eat, the service is great, very helpful and fun. the wait staff was helpful, giving us suggestion on what would taste the best and also what would be the most bang for our buck.. The atmosphere is fun!

• Visited November 2012
Carmel, Indiana
“Only place open late.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you worked late, this was the only place open. Food below average, atmosphere loud, service ok, but bartenders got rude when asking for a drink with 15 minutes to go before closing.

Visited January 2013
Minden, Nevada
“Great spot for a casual seafood dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Great spot. The shrimp cocktail is excellent. Seafood pasta great too. Lots of fun and a casual atmosphere. We ate here twice and would go back.