“Wet Spot Rentals is the best place for Catalina Island tours and equipment rental.”
Review of Wet Spot Rentals

Wet Spot Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Summer fun since '91! Kayaking, snorkeling and stand up paddle boarding are the things to do on Catalina Island. Our booth is located at the Avalon boat landing, just a 3 minute walk from Lovers Cove Marine Preserve. Rent a set of snorkel gear or a glass bottom kayak to explore this protected, fish filled bay or paddle a kayak or stand up paddle board down the coast to gain a new perspective of Catalina Island's natural beauty. Kayak, stand up paddle board and snorkel Catalina Island with Wet Spot Rentals, it will be the highlight of your Catalina Island vacation.
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My husband and I spent a few days for our 25th wedding anniversary on beautiful Catalina Island in April. The most wonderful part of the trip was the day we spent with Chip Upton from Wet Spot Rentals on the Outback Tour. This adventure was well worth the price. You should take this tour even if you are just staying for a day or to so that you can get a true feel for the island, its people and history, plant and animal life, and the most beautiful scenery and beaches. The ride wasn't too long and was broken up with stops along the way. We spent time at the beach with the provided kayaks, life jackets and wet suits, swimming, and picnicing on the wonderful provided box lunch. Those six hours went too fast! You can tell Chip knows and loves his island and we fell in love with it, too. We are going back again in July with our two grown kids and stay longer this time. We will definitely go by to see Chip and to set up more tours with Wet Spot Rentals. Catalina here we come!

1  Thank CatalinaDream

Reviewed June 21, 2010

This past Easter we booked a tour with Chip from Wetspot. It was a very overcast and cold day but Chip still managed to make the trip worth while for my three sons and husband. Chip knew so much about the island and his stories were great. We got to see and do so many things that we wouldn't have if we had just done it ourselves. During our trip we got to taste cactus apples, my son ate a limpet (ewww), we saw buffalo, great scenery, kayaked, ate a nice picnic lunch, my son snorkelled, we saw a barrack, trap door spider and poked the water out of urchins ...my kids are still talking about this part of the trip and it's been two months since we got home! By far the best money spent-great experience and recommended to anyone who wants to see the island thru the eyes of a local for the day. Excellent-thankx Chip! -becky from canada!

Reviewed May 25, 2010

Spent a fantastic day with Chip on the Outback Tour. It was just my sister and I taking the tour, so we had our own personal tour guide, photographer and chauffeaur. We met up with Chip, who is a 3rd generation islander and knows just about anything you could imagine about the island. He drove us all around the island, giving us history and fun facts, stopping for photo opps and buffalo spottings. We picked up lunch at the airport, spotted more buffalo and headed to Little Harbor, The Harbor is absolutely gorgeous! We chose not to kayak because it was so cold, but I'm sure more adventurious people would have jumped at the chance. They brought wet suits for us and everything. We rode around the island and stopped to see various wildlife and enjoyed some of Chips stories about growing up on the island and "fun facts" that only a native could know. We went to Twin Harbour and had an awesome sandwhich lunch with yummy homemade cookies. The island is just beautiful and you really to get to see so much more than just staying in Avalon. We loved the flexibilty and friendliness of Chip. He is truly a "salt of the earth" kind of guy, with no cell phone or computer. He dosent even know what trip advisor is!

Ive traveled to many places and paid for many tours, but this had to be one of my absolute favorites! It felt like a custom made tour and Chip aims to please. I highly recommend this tour if you want a personal touch and a wonderful experience! I saw a similiar experience advertised for $700+. I think we paid $140/each for a full day with lunch and the option to kayak, all equipment provided. Be sure to bring your camera, towel, and good shoes for hiking!

Reviewed May 6, 2010

My wife and I took the 6 hour tour and it was just the 2 of us with Chip the tour guide. He provided much insight into the workings of the Island befitting his 3rd generational status. But the best part was the scenery, kayaking in Little Harbor and a 2 mile hike up a canyon that created a great memory of Catalina. My wife and I are both 60 and thorougly enjoyed our "adventure".

2  Thank michaelrittel
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Went on the outback tour last week. The guide (Chip) grew up on the island and was very knowledgable. We spent about 6 hours driving around Catalina Island with a break for lunch (included). We saw parts of Catalina not normally seen by visitors, including beautiful vistas, secluded coves (with options for kayaking, although we didn't kayak), Two Harbors, the buffalo, and a bald eagle. Highly recommended!

1  Thank senye