Hamilton Cove Villas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Avalon
See available hotels
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)
  • Beachfront
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)
  • Bar/Lounge
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmanagement companygolf cartbath condowell stocked kitchendetailed informationpicnic areavacation rentalcatalina islandslept comfortablya million dollar viewocean viewbeach towelsevery amenitywrap around balconyfamily vacationevery morningbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My boyfriend rented 3 condos in Hamilton Cove through Hamilton Cove Real Estate, the properties were beautiful and we have no complaints about them. But if you go through Hamilton Cove Real Estate please expect the following....

You will pay a $100 cleaning fee, to me this means they plan on cleaning the property. Upon check out you are instructed to load and start the dishwasher, which was fine, but we had about 8 people over the night before and so I loaded as much as I could fit in the dishwasher and stacked the rest in the sink, then I realized there was no dishwasher detergent. We also had tons of garbage so we were trying to pick it all up but there we no garbage bags, so we stacked it all in a corner.

We checked out on May 22nd, my boyfriend called on June 17th and talked to the owner, Bart Glass, to find out about our deposit. Bart told us that the carpets needed to be cleaned in our unit and that it was a big mess (isn't that why we paid a cleaning fee). We were fine with the carpets being cleaned, Bart said that we would have the deposit back by the beginning of July and that it takes about 6 weeks to find out if there have been any tickets on the golf carts.

On July 16th I called and spoke with Bart, he said that he was waiting for the carpet cleaning invoice and he would be receiving that by Monday July 18th. I asked why he didn't have the carpet cleaning invoice if it was done right after we vacated in May. I asked him to send the deposits back for the other two units in the mean time. He agreed to do so. On July 21st we still hadn't received anything, I called and left a message, with no return call and also emailed wtih the same. So finally I had to send him an email telling him that we were going to be taking him to small claims court and turn him into the department of Real Estate. Being a Real Estate agent, I know you actually only have 21 days to return the deposit in the State of CA. There is no deposit policy on their rental contract and this is what their website states: "We will mail your security deposit back to the address listed on your check after you depart, again barring any unfortunate circumstances which might occur with your villa or golf cart.". After this threat we did get a response email the next day and our deposit back two days later, along with the carpet cleaning invoice dated May 26th.

I have read other reviews on this website and some other renters had the same problem with Hamilton Cove Real Estate. There are several other rental agencies on the island and I would suggest going with those companies.

Room Tip: Don't go through Hamilton Cove Real Estate!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank megandig
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Hamilton Cove is the largest condo complex on Catalina Island and the city of Avalon. It is located about a half mile from the center of Avalon in Hamilton Cove. The complex is much improved over the last few years but lacks a central reservation system so you mush book your accomidation through Catalina Island Vacation Rentals or Hamilton Cove Real Estate. Of the two, CIVR is the better and accepts credit cards. All rentals in Hamilton Cove come with a golf cart to make the half mile trip into down and are great for local sight seeing. Recent additions to Avalon have really spiked up tourist traffic so if you plan on using the Zip line or Undersea walk, make your reservations on line well be fore you leave to insure a spot. The downside to Hamilton Cove is that there is no standard for interior furnishings. Some units are great, others terrible. Review the pictures on the web site carefully before you book so you won't be dissapointed. Almost all rentals on Catalina island require a two night minimum and so does Hamilton Cove. Having an condo rather then a hotel room gives you many options. Also, the resort setting, pool, beach, tennis courts and having your own golf cart will really make for a fun vacation.

Room Tip: Carefully review web site pictures on the condo
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Theguyin4B
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We love Catalina and typically go there once a year. We usually rent a home in Avalon but this time, I decided to rent something in Hampton Cove for Spring break. We rented Unit 17-85 and were very pleased with this unit. The views from the wrap-around balcony were spectacular . . . lots of windows in the living and dining room which allowed the sunlight to filter into the condo. The golf cart was in excellent condition with zippered sides for evening drives when it was cooler. Since the condo is close to the road, we didn't have to deal with a lot of steps. The best part of this condo was the amenities for the kids. Every day the kids swam in the pool . . . we played on the putting course which was in excellent condition and beautifully maintained.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Nora1953
Reviewed January 21, 2011

On Catalina, there are few places to stay that offer what I would consider 4-star accommodations. We've normally stayed at hotels, but this time wanted to try the vacation rentals at Hamilton Cove. This was a definite good choice. We rented unit 1-79, a one bedroom, one bath unit which is in the first building as you enter the gated community. Although there are many units in this complex, because we were there during the off season it was so private and quiet. The views were amazing and the unit was furnished just as if it was someone's home -- all the amenities and more you could want from a completely stocked kitchen to comfy throws on the sofas to keep you cozy as you sit in front of the fireplace. The best part was the "limo" size golf cart that came with the unit. Although Hamilton Cove is a bit further from Avalon, it's only a few minutes of scenic driving up and down the hill and bend, past Casino Point and back into Avalon. Great convenience and freedom to go wherever you want to go. Excellent and we will be back there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank leahleah311
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My extended family and I really enjoyed our stay at the Hamilton Cove Villas (villa 17-85). It was clean and spacious with a wrap around deck that showcased the amazing views of Avalon. Nestled into a hillside we felt like we could have been in Greece or Spain. Just a 5 minute or so ride from the busy tourist town, it has a small outdoor pool that overlooks the ocean and a small park on a little private beach, that was a great for my two small children. We enjoyed the fact that the villas were located outside of town as it gets especially busy when the cruise liners dock for the day. The kids especially loved the golf cart that is the common form of transport on the island. We would definately return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family