“Definitely coming back (great hot water)”
Review of Hotel Catalina

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I went early march for two days and had an amazing time not just because of the island but the hotel as well. The hotel made the trip worth while not only was the staff awesome but they were very accommodating. On the day we checked out and had 6 hours to kill they allowed us to use the facilities lockers got tub and bathrooms. If you are looking for a clean quiet and romantic get away this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Sandysan7

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My company visits Catalina Island regurlaly on business, and we have stayed at Catalina Hotel on every trip. The staff is very friendly, Martha tries to help one as much as she can with information and service. Clean rooms and bathrooms, fresh towels, clean linens and free wi-fi.
Great location for us to work and where our clients feel right at home while visiting us.
Hotel Catalina is a great place to stay and best of all is affordable. My company highly recomends Hotel Catalina for any one looking for a warm and great place to stay while visiting Catalina Island.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Blanca T
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hotel Catalina is a a very cute hotel. It has a Victorian look to it. The service is excellent, very friendly staff. They immediately offered us coffee and muffins when we checked in. Martha was very informative of the best place to visit especially to take advantage of the freebies I get for my birthday on the island. It's perfect for my 30th birthday weekend getaway! Martha was the best, my fellow Pisces!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Manguyen32
HotCatMGR, Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property

We are always happy to here that guest enjoyed their stay. Happy that you enjoyed our Birthday Island specials. We hope to see the two of you soon.

Manager,
Martha Flores

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the garden courtyard section of the Hotel Catalina for 4 nights in October. The rooms were newly refurbished. Very comfortable bed, mini fridge, clothes steamer, coffee and donuts for breakfast. The courtyard was lovely, and we felt like we had it all to ourselves. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will return again. For us, it was the best place we have ever stayed on Catalina Island.

Room Tip: There are sections to this hotel that have a lot of steps to climb. If you don't want to haul y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KRISTINE G
KrisGLBC, General Manager at Hotel Catalina, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Happy to hear that you will return. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just came back from a weekend in Avalon. Loved our stay at the Hotel Catalina. If you're looking for a big shiny resort hotel with large rooms and all the most modern accessories this is not the place for you. It is an older building that appears to be extremely well kept up. We loved the furnishings in our room - furniture, light fixtures, etc. Our bathroom was a bit tight, but the paint, linens, condition of everything in our room was extremely good. The art around the hotel is worth studying. Comfortably porches to sit outside. Most particularly the staff were excellent. All my interactions in person and over the phone with Ignacio and Nancy were superb. I've stayed in several Avalon hotels and consider the Hotel Catalina to be a good value and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coastaleddie
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our stay was a quick overnite surprise . After checking out a couple of places to stay, we decided this was a convenient place, centrally lOcated with wifi and a place to lock our bikes and holds our bags until we were ready to leave. We stayed on the patio level with no view, but we could sit on the patio/ courtyard and enjoy the foliage. I forgot my charger for my iPhone, they were kind enough to charge it 2 different times for me . (I could have come up "lost", but they were very honest and kept it for me). The room was small, but perfect to lay my head down and shower . Shower & commode were in a separate room. Sink was in bedroom. The next morning we had fresh delicious coffee & donuts. The staff was friendly and helPful and answered our questions. I would stay again , but maybe get a room with a view next time.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Martita69
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I hadn't been back to Avalon in 19 years & had no idea of what this hotel offered. The sign on the roof clearly shows where it is in town. The walk from the boat to the hotel was o.k., not far. The short walk uphill to hotel not bad for a couple of "old ladies". The staff was friendly, gave good advice of where to find restaurants, shopping and things to do. Our room was on the 2nd floor and quite cozy, well furnished and with a partial ocean view. The veranda just outside the room was wonderful with white wicker seating, comfy with cushions. The Kona coffee served each morning downstairs - with fresh donuts - was a welcome start for the day. About the only negative was the size of the bathroom - took a little maneuvering to take a shower, but not impossible. All in all I would recommend this hotel and certainly make a return to it.

Room Tip: We had a corner room facing the street - had a good view of ocean, just outside the veranda. I don...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends