Hotel Catalina
$260
Aurora Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$178
$159
$239
$232
$159
Hotel Metropole(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$309
  • Breakfast included
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$549
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$269
$249
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdonutshot tubclaw foot bathtubthe main hoteloriginal hotelchose hotelevery morningrecommend hotelrooms are smallshort walkdive parkno elevatorquiet hotelshared balconyold victorianbed was comfortableolder hotel
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our stay was a quick overnite surprise . After checking out a couple of places to stay, we decided this was a convenient place, centrally lOcated with wifi and a place to lock our bikes and holds our bags until we were ready to leave. We stayed on the patio level with no view, but we could sit on the patio/ courtyard and enjoy the foliage. I forgot my charger for my iPhone, they were kind enough to charge it 2 different times for me . (I could have come up "lost", but they were very honest and kept it for me). The room was small, but perfect to lay my head down and shower . Shower & commode were in a separate room. Sink was in bedroom. The next morning we had fresh delicious coffee & donuts. The staff was friendly and helPful and answered our questions. I would stay again , but maybe get a room with a view next time.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Martita69
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I hadn't been back to Avalon in 19 years & had no idea of what this hotel offered. The sign on the roof clearly shows where it is in town. The walk from the boat to the hotel was o.k., not far. The short walk uphill to hotel not bad for a couple of "old ladies". The staff was friendly, gave good advice of where to find restaurants, shopping and things to do. Our room was on the 2nd floor and quite cozy, well furnished and with a partial ocean view. The veranda just outside the room was wonderful with white wicker seating, comfy with cushions. The Kona coffee served each morning downstairs - with fresh donuts - was a welcome start for the day. About the only negative was the size of the bathroom - took a little maneuvering to take a shower, but not impossible. All in all I would recommend this hotel and certainly make a return to it.

Room Tip: We had a corner room facing the street - had a good view of ocean, just outside the veranda. I don't know of the other accommodations. The living room downstairs encourages visiting with other visitors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cyclemom1
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went to Hotel California with my Wife to get away from the daily rush. We purchased the stay through Groupon so I'm not able to tell you anything as far as value. We enjoyed the stay and the staff was really sincere. They allowed us to leave our luggage their after check out so we wouldn't have to lug it around the island while waiting for the boats to the mainland. The room was nice and the island was fun.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PSLover
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had our wedding in Catalina on May 19th. We soldout both wings of Hotel Catalina for the weekend. Martha (the General Manager) and the Owners Jack & Nora were amazing to us. They went above and beyond in helping to make our weekend perfect. They provided us their Penthouse Owners Suite for all of our wedding activities. All of our guests were amazed with how special that suite is.

Everything was absolutely perfect. They've done an extensive Re-Model to the Courtyard Wings. Tthe rooms are amazing with Jet Hot Tubs and a Separate Shower from the Tub. All rooms have Flat Screen TVs and Blu-ray Players. Everything is inside the rooms of the Courtyard is brand new.

Martha was accomodating and helpful for all of our guests request. We had over 60 guests in the hotel and they all we're happy.

The main hotel is one of the original hotels on the island. The rooms are small and have some unqiue characteristics. However, they are kept clean with comfortable beds. The best part is they are affordable and one of the few hotels to allow One Night Stays.

I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend the Courtyward Rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank videobuilder
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I booked 4 days at the Hotel Catalina over the Memorial Day Weekend with my girlfriend who had just recently graduated from Nursing School, so i wanted this to be a very special weekend. Well i called the hotel and spoke to a real live person by the name of Martha who was a very plesant person to speak to. I told her this was to be a surprise for my newly RN and she asurred me that i had nothing to worry about. To calm me down she had me call a day before arrival and speak to a Nancy or Hilda. Again, I was assured of a pleasant stay. Well to my surprise i was greeted at the boat dock with a ride to the hotel (hmmm~ off to a good start ). The hotel was obviously mantained with alot of love and care...The room was spacious and well lit and for the price it's Catalina's best well kept secret. The 4 days turned into 5.... I love Catalina and i loved the whole Hotel Catalina experience...Thank you Martha, Nancy and Hilda. We love you all !!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple