Pavilion Hotel
$259
Portofino Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mariquita Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$271
$229
$164
Hotel Mac Rae(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$219
$212
$195
$259
  • Room Service
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$299
Seacrest Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$350
  • Beachfront
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)(Great Value!)
$239
1,186 results
All reviewsfire pitwine and cheesecatalina islandwine hourlounge chairsevery afternoonvoss waterturn down servicezip linecontinental breakfastperfect locationcatalina expressoutdoor seatinggarden areabagelsstarbucks coffeepeople watching
Reviewed November 30, 2010

We arrived at this resort with our room unavailable becuase of the fact we requested a first floor room, which I highly recommend because you can walk out right into the garden. The room was small, but accomodated a family of three comfortably. The bathroom has the newly developed shower/tub and toilet bathroom with the sink outside of the bathroom, which was surprisingly convinient. The location was absolutely amazing. Exactly 14 steps from the beach, about 30 steps from the Green Pleasuer Pier, and withing walking distance everywhere on the island. There was absolutely no negative about this resort, and I would definitely stay here again in the near future. I definitely recommend getting an unlimited package, because we never paid anything for the tours, and got half off the zip line.

For more information on the island and resort, visit my blog at miladrohani.wordpress.com

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This place way exceeded our expectations! Charmingly decorated, warm staff, wonderful breakfast, complimentary wine & cheese in the afternoon, beautifully landscaped ground, super comfy bed... the list goes on and on! They paid attention to every little detail to make your stay comfortable, little things such as ice water with fresh lemon slices in the lobby, fresh fruit basket in the lounge, and shower rooms for you to wash off the sands even after check out. And the location is superb - right on the beach, 5 min walking from the pier, and in the middle of shops and restaurants. This is THE best place to stay in Avalon!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I booked the hotel after reading all the rave reviews, and it did not disappoint. I really can't understand why its not listed as #1. The hotel is newly remodeled and located right in the middle of everything. Rooms are of decent size and the grounds are beautifully manicured. The hotel offers continental breakfast in the morning, I'm not much of a breakfast person, but they serve really good coffee. In the evening there is a wine and cheese reception, good cheese, great wine. I didn't book any of the packages they offer being as I didn't know what the place was like and what the restaurants included were. The Pavilion Hotel offers a package with boat ride and dinner at the Avalon Grill (the place is really nice). Next time I would totally go for the package. The place is a bit pricey compared to the other hotels but its well worth the extra expense.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ATravelerCalifornia
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I got married in Catalina at the end of October and had about 70 people staying at the Pavilion Hotel. They gave me a great rate and were extremely helpful when my guests arrived. Booking that many people was a little tricky and there were several errors when my guests tried booking their rooms over the phone but the manager Paul was extremely helpful and always fixed any mistakes that were made.

The hotel itself is could not be in a better location - about 20 steps from the beach. The firepit was an excellent meeting place for all my guests and the 5pm wine and cheese tasting each night made it a favorite of my guests. The continental breakfast each morning was always freshly stocked and the staff was helpful if anyone needed anything additionally.

The rooms are very nice - although a little small. The grounds are immaculate and the landscaping is gorgeous. They were suffering from a bit of a bee problem though and several of my guests chose to eat their breakfast inside because of the bee problem.

Other than that, everything was perfect! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Pavilion Hotel for three nights in late August before his deployment to Afghanistan. We booked the Unlimited Package with no problems- I was worried some of the tours included wouldn't be available since you must book same day- I needn't have worried. The staff was excellent, the wine was great, and the room, while a little small was perfect! We took the interior island tour, the flying fish tour, the casino tour and the skyline tour; all were fantastic. We also did the zipline, I am scared to death of heights but the staff there was also amazing (shout out to Dylan and Amanda!) It was truly a highlight. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. The grounds are gorgeous. On our last night there my husband and I went to the Avalon Grill right next door to celebrate our anniversary. My husband was in his dress blue uniform and the owners of the restaurant were there and came over and thanked my husband for his service and took care of our check. We can' t wait to go back to Catalina and we wouldn't stay anywhere but the Pavilion!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple