“Relax at the Pavilion!!”
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Relax at the Pavilion!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very relaxing atmosphere, loved their continental breakfast and wine and cheese in the afternoons. Rooms are comfortable and clean, staff are really friendly and helpful. I just feel that hotels at the Avalon are really pricey.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to Catalina Island. Thank you for posting about the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor, we very much appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our wine and cheese hour after a day out on the town.

We hope to see you again soon on Catalina Island and at the Pavilion Hotel.

Roberto Perico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 13, 2014

recently remodeled, clean, contemporary vibe- right in the middle of the main drag in Avalon.
friendly staff, good sleep quality , good shower, coffee maker in room. excellent breakfast layout, excellent hang out areas in the courtyard to watch the people go by..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sbd0512
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We loved the location of this hotel since it was right on the water and in the middle of the main street. We walked everywhere and it was nice to have the hotel right there nearby. We really enjoyed the wine/cheese time overlooking the water. We had come here for our first vacation in 1.5 years since our house had been completely reconstructed due to a house fire. We had been to San Diego visiting grandkids before our Catalina visit and really enjoyed the R&R. We stayed in a garden room with a private outside area that my hubby enjoyed while I shopped. It was Room 325. But it was on the side street side and a little noisy. The bedding on our bed was a little warm (non breathable fabric I think) and the ac blew right on my side of the bed and I was not real fond of that. But it was all doable and a lovely, well kept clean hotel that we would return to. Hope you enjoy your visit too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda186612
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I were happy to have your as our guests. We also glad that you enjoyed our central location and amenities. Please come back and see us next time you are visiting Catalina Island.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the Pavilion in late January. There were a group of us there and the fire pit was our meeting spot and gathering place after the days activities. The location of this property could not be better. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff very accommodating. The wine and cheese each day was a hit with all of our group. I have stayed at three different properties in Catalina over the years and this was by far my favourite. The next time I visit Catalina the Pavilion will be my home again. Catalina is such a great spot, probably my favourite town in the US.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Saskwatches
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Pavilion Hotel while on Catalina Island. My team and I loved having you as our guest! The fire ring is definitely a great place to meet and relax after a day on the island. We hope to see you again soon in Avalon.

Suisun City, California
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Just back from a three night, 50th birthday celebration in Catalina. Five of us stayed at the Pavilion, the other seven elsewhere. The Pavilion was the gathering place before all of our events. The Lobby Lanai provided the perfect place to people watch, with the marina backdrop, while feeling removed from all the hustle and bustle. The wine hour was enjoyed by all (Pedro was a gem!), We had three in our room, so we added a trundle, which made it a little smaller than I would have liked. I enjoyed our rooms lanai each morning before the others awoke, watching the bumble bees and hummingbirds enjoying all the flowers. I think it will be difficult to stay anywhere else in Avalon after my stay at the Pavilion.

Room Tip: Room 111 has a lovely lanai and is in a quiet spot near the rear of the hotel. Even numbered rooms u...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank wlighty
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My 21 year old daughter and I had a wonderful one night stay at this relatively recently renovated hotel. The service and location were great. It is very close to the ferry dock and is in the middle of a pedestrian only zone where there is none of the otherwise omnipresent roar of the Catalina golf carts! We were staying with friends in LA for a week and wanted to get way off the beaten track. Catalina fit the bill. The hotel with it's great breakfast and nightly wine and cheese proved to be perfect for our stay. All it needs is a pool, something that is missing in almost all decent Avalon hotels.

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the back was about perfect for us.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve Q
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Pavilion Hotel. We also very much appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that my team helped to make your stay memorable while with us. We hope that you make it out to Catalina Island again soon!

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at our room and was taken aback by it's aged decor and small size after reading all the great reviews.

With three days of bountiful breakfasts, wine and cheese happy hours and sitting by the cozy fire pit and lounge chairs, I really enjoyed my stay at the Pavilion Hotel. It was the first hotel on the strip as we walked from the ferry dock and was extremely convenient to all the shopping, bars and restaurants. And perhaps one of the few with such a nice garden to sunbathe, play in the grass and lounge about and chat with friends.

For those who like fresh buffet breakfasts and enjoying some afternoon wine, cheese and bread while socializing at fire pit, this is the place for you. They even provide free wifi, which was a plus for our electronic bound family!

The servers were extremely nice and friendly, and lady makes the be at cappucino in the mornings! It complimented the abundance of cupcakes, fresh fruit, papaya, cereals and even oatmeal.

Wine and cheeses in the afternoons were also quite flavorful. It was great to relax after running about the island all day in our golf carts or kayaking/boarding at the beach beyond the old Casino building. There is zip lining and golfing, two pretty popular sports on the island also.

Last tip is to book directly with the hotel, which may offer you a package that includes the expensive catalina ferry ride over from the mainland as well as your choice of excursions or golf cart rental, which is a must. You'll experience the breathtaking views of the gorgeous blue harbor from high on the mountain.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank kwong
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting about your experience at the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and wine and cheese. Those are favorites of our guests. We hope to see you again soon on the island!