Arrived at our room and was taken aback by it's aged decor and small size after reading all the great reviews.
With three days of bountiful breakfasts, wine and cheese happy hours and sitting by the cozy fire pit and lounge chairs, I really enjoyed my stay at the Pavilion Hotel. It was the first hotel on the strip as we walked from the ferry dock and was extremely convenient to all the shopping, bars and restaurants. And perhaps one of the few with such a nice garden to sunbathe, play in the grass and lounge about and chat with friends.
For those who like fresh buffet breakfasts and enjoying some afternoon wine, cheese and bread while socializing at fire pit, this is the place for you. They even provide free wifi, which was a plus for our electronic bound family!
The servers were extremely nice and friendly, and lady makes the be at cappucino in the mornings! It complimented the abundance of cupcakes, fresh fruit, papaya, cereals and even oatmeal.
Wine and cheeses in the afternoons were also quite flavorful. It was great to relax after running about the island all day in our golf carts or kayaking/boarding at the beach beyond the old Casino building. There is zip lining and golfing, two pretty popular sports on the island also.
Last tip is to book directly with the hotel, which may offer you a package that includes the expensive catalina ferry ride over from the mainland as well as your choice of excursions or golf cart rental, which is a must. You'll experience the breathtaking views of the gorgeous blue harbor from high on the mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary room amenities include: Complimentary baggage service from the ferry, concierge service, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese social, outdoor lounge with fire ring, movies, Blue Ray players & iPads for checkout, 37" flat screen TVs, HBO & Showtime movie channels, wireless Internet, iHome music centers, priority cabana/chaise reservations at Descanso Beach Club, priority table reservations at Avalon Grille, priority reservations at Island Spa Catalina, Starbucks coffee and tea, and in-room safes, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards & hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Pavilion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Lodge Catalina
- Pavilion Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Lodge Pavilion
- Pavilion Lodge Avalon
- Pavilion Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA