“Pavillion Hotel Extrordinaire!”
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were more than pleasantly surprised by the charm and quaintness of this hotel....Of all the hotels on the little boardwalk, this one gets the prize! perfectly positioned in front of the ocean front, perfect for sipping their excellent wine and buttery cheese selections! the room felt like we were staying in a bed and breakfast....romantic lighting, cushy-plush king size bed, bathroom layout highly functional with vanity sink in one compartment, bath/shower toilet combo in another compartment so 2 people could be getting ready for an evening out at the same time without the bothersome steam of the shower running or the commode in need of some popourri! :) Staff was more than accommodating! We were extended a late check out as needed. The european style breakfast was absolutely fabulous! nothing but good things to say about this lil' hotel! Definitely would love to return here again! check it out......

3  Thank HollyRoberts
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us, thank you! My team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on Catalina Island and with us. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of all of the things that our hotel has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon at the Pavilion Hotel and on Catalina Island.

There are newer reviews for Pavilion Hotel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

When My Nephew and I got to The Pavilion, we were happy it was so close to the boardwalk and the beach. The check in went fast, and our room was modern, clean, and roomy, including the bathroom. I really like the openness of the whole hotel. ..from the garden area to the eating area outside. My nephew couldn't stop raving about the continental breakfast. It was the bomb! And I'm quite picky when it comes to food and cleanliness. The staff was also very friendly. Overall, the value was very good for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Pavilion Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us. We were also very happy to have you as our guests.

I am glad to hear that you and your nephew enjoyed our continental breakfast and our hotel grounds. We hope that you come back soon to Catalina Island. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Don't Know where to start !! My wife and I decided to go to Catalina Island on Friday morning .. last minute really, the weather was incredible (here in So-Cal) 75-80 average. checked out the Santa Catalina Island company website and come across the Pavilion hotel right downtown Avalon, called and talked to a really friendly young lady at the desk and booked a room with a patio, Crossing was very smooth, Island was buzzing, the hotel is just about 3-4 minutes walk from the dock, as soon we arrived at the desk we were treated with a nice big smile from a young man standing outside the desk, we later learned he was the hotel manager!! he offered us a beverage while we waited a few minutes, The room was beautiful, white bedding large bathroom and a flat screen TV. left the room and on to the front desk to ask some questions about the island again Hotel manager was very pleasant and give us the low down on the activity! at 4:30 pm there was cheeses and wine at the ocean view terrace for all the guests Alicia was the person pouring the many wine choices and imported cheeses with a smile I may add, she was outstanding with the attentive service and overall friendly manners, very pleasant and unique. I can go on for a few hours at this point the bottom line is that my wife and I both enjoyed the hotel for the location and especially for the friendly staff. I would highly recommend this boutique Hotel to anyone. PS: Brandon at the frond desk was excellent.. Thank you all for making my time on Catalina Special !!

Room Tip: The lower rooms have a beautiful seating area over looking the gorgeous gardens.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rave review of the Pavilion Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your trip to Catalina Island. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of the incredible weather that we have been having! Alicia, Brandon, and the rest of my team will be very happy to hear that you mentioned them in your post.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

SIncerely,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just had a wonderful weekend at the Pavilion Hotel!
This is a magical retreat and so close to all of Southern California!
Charming rooms,wonderful service,great complimentary breakfast and wonderful wine and cheese hour at 4:30pm each day.
There is so much value and this hotel is 6 steps to the sand!

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor for the private terrace to sit and enjoy morning coffee
1  Thank Jill S

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on Catalina Island. Thank you for staying with us at the Pavilion Hotel and for your comments on TripAdvisor. My team will be excited to hear that you mentioned their service in your post.

We hope to see you again soon at the Pavilion Hotel and on Catalina Island.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great hotel. I have traveled many places around the world and this is one of the best all around hotels I have stayed at. The location is fantastic. We had booked at another hotel on the island, upon arriving there it was not what we thought it was. Thank God they had room available, we were lucky to book this hotel and had a fantastic stay for our trip. It was a trip saver, staff is great.We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the rave review about the Pavilion Hotel. We were very happy to have you as our guest during your recent trip to Catalina Island. Your feedback on TripAdvisor is much appreciated!

I am very happy to hear that we helped to make your trip enjoyable! Please come back and visit us soon at the Pavilion Hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We joined our friend to help celebrate her 50th birthday on Catalina Island & stayed at the Pavilion Hotel. What a wonderful place! The rooms were very nice (clean, neat, pleasing decor, relaxing lighting & VERY comfortable bed!) After a delicious dinner, we enjoyed some wine & great conversation with old & new friends at the hotel's fabulous fire-pit. The location is perfect, close to the ferry & the beach is just steps away! We arrived too late to enjoy the free wine & cheese hour :o(, but heard it was very nice. I'm a "high maintenance" gal when it comes to food, but found many great choices at the breakfast offered at the Pavilion. The hotel staff was very friendly & helpful. We only stayed 1 night, but we're going back in a few weeks for a longer stay. Can't wait!

1  Thank Joannanotnow
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent trip to Catalina Island. We also appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. My team will be happy to hear that they helped to make your stay memorable. Our fire ring is a great place to relax and catch up with old and new friends. We are glad to hear that you were able to relax out there.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent my birthday at the Pavillion and I can't say enough about it...from the friendly staff at the front desk who are happy to hold your luggage since the ferry arrives well before noon...to the beautiful, peaceful grounds (even while being located steps from the harbor!)...to the delicious free wine and cheese hour and complimentry breakfast. The room was appointed with absolutely everything you could think of, including a lighted magnifying makeup mirror. THE most comfy bed ever, with perfect pillows too! There was turndown service, special chocolates because it was my birthday...could not believe how accommodating and beautiful this place was. I can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: You'd hardly notice that there were two floors to this hotel, as we had the ground floor (with a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel while visiting Catalina Island. We loved having you as our guest! Also, thank you for commenting about your stay on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on our beautiful grounds. Breakfast and wine and cheese hour our guest favorites at our hotel-I am glad that you were able to experience them. We hope that you return soon to Catalina Island.